Could someone help me stop the moonstorm event?

Hey guys! 

I am here to ask for help because I'm in trouble in my DST world. I have started the moonstorm event, but the way that my altars are arranged doesn't allow me to build the experiment. I cannot break them because I get shocked everytime I try it. Do you guys know any other way to stop the event?

Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure you just have to place it on the mysterious energy, if you can't do this, you're kinda screwed as there is no way to remove the altars after they've been placed. You might be able blow them up with gunpowder? Or maybe you can telelocate a deerclops/bearger onto the island and have them break it?

A recent update fixed this problem, or at least it fixed it for me, when my altars were too close together to place the experiment. Is your game updated to the most recent version? Do you have a screenshot of your altar arrangement? What version are you playing? PC? Console? Console version might not have been updated to fix that problem yet.

It wasn't in my case. I played with zero mods. It was just the places I'd installed the altar pieces were too close together to allow the experiment to be built there, because it overlapped with them. My friends and I didn't know how much space we needed in the middle when we set them up.

20210518190709_1.jpg.880f4003580cfae8368

But after this update we were able to build the experiment there.

So, maybe mods are still causing a problem, or maybe it's the console version not being fixed yet.

7 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Uhhh not true. Works just fine. It happens when you place it wrong/in weird spot. 

You are incorrect, please have a quick look at the ps4 forums and the ps4 bug tracker, console is ****ed at the moment.

My altars are in the exact same place where there is PLENTY of room and I was already able to summon the boss three times, now they are in the exact same spot but I cannot build the experiment.

Please don't give out incorrect information without doing some research first, there are plenty of console players suffering at the moment.

Also regardless... altars need to be movable even if placed incorrectly. If you place them incorrectly and then don't realise past the point of being able to rollback before they were placed you're just completely and utterly screwed and locked out of content in that world forever. That is awful design and needs a fix ASAP.

4 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

You are incorrect, please have a quick look at the ps4 forums and the ps4 bug tracker, console is ****ed at the moment.

My altars are in the exact same place where there is PLENTY of room and I was already able to summon the boss three times, now they are in the exact same spot but I cannot build the experiment.

Please don't give out incorrect information without doing some research first, there are plenty of console players suffering at the moment.

Also regardless... altars need to be movable even if placed incorrectly. If you place them incorrectly and then don't realise past the point of being able to rollback before they were placed you're just completely and utterly screwed and locked out of content in that world forever. That is awful design and needs a fix ASAP.

I play on console and have killed it twice. 

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Cool so you don't have the bug, read this thread and see how many people can't place the experiment in spots they could before.

Just because you personally aren't experiencing the bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Yeah I'm on console and I've killed it three times but now my game is bugged, I've already stated this..

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Cool so you don't have the bug, read this thread and see how many people can't place the experiment in spots they could before.

Just because you personally aren't experiencing the bug doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Take your arrogance elsewhere.

Yeah I'm on console and I've killed it three times but now my game is bugged, I've already stated this..

Oh sorry, be more impactful next time. I hope it gets fixed soon, I think it'll get patched Thursday alongside Cawnival. 

23 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Oh sorry, be more impactful next time. I hope it gets fixed soon, I think it'll get patched Thursday alongside Cawnival. 

Thanks, sorry for being prickly I just really want to keep going with my long term world and this bug is bumming me out. That would be amazing, I'm doubtful console will get Cawnival at the same time but if we do I'll be very happy.

8 hours ago, kiwikenobi said:

It wasn't in my case. I played with zero mods. It was just the places I'd installed the altar pieces were too close together to allow the experiment to be built there, because it overlapped with them. My friends and I didn't know how much space we needed in the middle when we set them up.

20210518190709_1.jpg.880f4003580cfae8368

But after this update we were able to build the experiment there.

So, maybe mods are still causing a problem, or maybe it's the console version not being fixed yet.

Yeah, I have the exact same problem but I'm playing on Console. Although the problem is still going on on Console, seeing that it was already solved on Pc gives me some hope that it will soon be fixed. Thanks so much, I really tought that I had screwed my favorite long term world. 

Archived