Dear Klei, please give us rocket vents

Venting stuff you don't need out of your rocket module doesn't seem like something far fetched nor difficult to implement. I just want to be able to get those hot nasty gasses out of my rocket living quarters such that I can replace them with fresh oxygen.

i'm not sure it was mentioned somewhere else or people are just silent about it, but since i saw some comments complaining about CO2 in rocket living quarters:

• use gas cargo module (small or big whatever)
  • pump as much oxygen as you need but leave like 100kg space in this gas cargo module
  • output oxygen into your command module (don't forget to setup filter to oxygen on the output gas port)
  • put a small gas pump in the bottom of the rocket cabin either with gas sensor and some automation or just leave it running constantly (with battery and more advanced rocket engines power is not an issue inside of the rocket)
  • connect gas pump to gas intake -> pump will move CO2 plus oxygen back to the gas cargo (and since it moves only 50g you can leave it constantly running - it won't even remotely compete with the output of the "supplying" port which is either 500g or 1kg)
  • on the planetoid build gas port which connects to your launchpad -> filter CO2 and just vent into space

this way CO2 is moved out of your crew cabin and gets disposed on landing, and gas cargo module can store as far as i remember 3600kg of gases -> you'll run out of oxygen in it before you will be able to fill it with CO2)

btw the same loop applies to water (i do it for sink + lavatory + shower) -> clean water comes in from liquid module, polluted water comes out into the liquid module and gets vented into space on landing. because of filters on the "supplying" ports you don't ever have a problem of mixing stuff in your rocket gas/liquid modules

works like a charm

ofc it would be much easier to dump it straight into space, but i guess devs want us to create some contraptions

there's already a carbon dioxide engine in the game))

i think there's a great idea here! just imagine dupes chopping down the geysers (CO2, hydrogen or natural gas) and placing them instead of current rocket engines! environment-friendly rockets! 

@Khullag, i like your setup, and I actually tried this before the platform ports got fixed. But still, dumping into space seems obvious to me. Otherwise, having a baby carbon skimmer and liquid filter would be an option. Currently there simply isn’t enough room to manage waste products efficiently.

5 hours ago, babba said:

Breaking rocket vent, inside rockets: Sucks the dupes in to space, with a hoover sound "Vhooooo whump zuk zuk".

love how your brain works babba, never change

8 hours ago, babba said:

Breaking rocket vent, inside rockets: Sucks the dupes in to space, with a hoover sound "Vhooooo whump zuk zuk".

As we know from "Nowhere To Go", this may not end well...

They could just put gas, liquid, and solid input ports inside the walls of the interior modules, and then anything put into those inputs gets spat out next to the rocket (into the world if landed, otherwise just deleted).

Archived