About radbolt transportation

Hi everyone, nuclear has already been discussed alot here, but I would like to focus on radbolt transport here. As the use of radbolt is getting more and more important, I feel the general idea is to make multiple small HYEP radbolt generators setups (with sunlight, satellite, wheezeworts...) and we never really have to make a big nuclear plant and use uranium because of transportation limitation. 

First of all, what do you think of this topic ? How do you feel about this ? 

Secondly, I would guess we are going to get some "accelerator" tile or pipe which requires power but transports radbolt without loss. What is your guess, opinion, wish ? 

:D

7 hours ago, Magheat2009 said:

Lossless radbolt transportation is a must.

I don't think 100% lossless transportation is necessary. The 500 radbolt setting on radbolt generators goes a long way to reducing transportation costs. Now you can travel 50 tiles with a 10% loss instead of the 100% loss previously.

What I really want is a radbolt buffer with the same configurable packet size, so you can use it as transformer. Use it to up the voltage (packet size) for long distance transportation and decrease it for local delivery to machines.

I think was a legitimate issue, but in the upcoming update the radbolt generator was given a slider for the amount of radbolts to fire that goes from 50 to 500:
image.png.93c1387d909e205b8e0ccf6eb2a2c43c.png

I think the addition of slider makes long-range radbolt transportation much better, since you can reduce the loss per tile down to 0.2%.

testingradiation.thumb.png.8a82c9308d4d09073bdea8d2c3c0e4a1.png

this is my food farm radiation test with sun radiation and with shine bug, in top i use the gold metal tile as that have small radiation loss than other materials

even better seems the manual airlock door for that with gold, it only holds back the 6 radiation from sun

44 minutes ago, ghkbrew said:

I don't think 100% lossless transportation is necessary. The 500 radbolt setting on radbolt generators goes a long way to reducing transportation costs. Now you can travel 50 tiles with a 10% loss instead of thw 100% loss previously.

I agree. "Reasonable loss" radbolt transportation would be entirely enough.

Edit: Seems that is working already in testing.

Just the idea of having long corridors with dangerous radbolts flying long distances sounds like a lot of fun to me. Also, this merits a single high radiation source. Like the OP, currently I only see a need for small local radbolt production sites due to the far too short range of the bolts.

i guess i only have to say that the beta was better with the radbolt collision it seems that it got nerfed the temperature seems to go away quicker or something. :(

it seems to go up but i have to scale it up and be patient.....indeed more big more lag too...

Archived