A few Rocketry suggestions.

1. Bring back the Space Cadet Centrifuge as a building that trains its user's Piloting attribute. 
  2. Tie the rate at which we mine the new space POIs directly to the pilot's Piloting attribute.

The former would give us a practical means of leveling a dupe's Piloting attribute.  The latter would make the former a productive use of a dedicated pilot's downtime.  Plus, it would be a shame to allow such a great art asset to remain unused.

5b919c1e5d509_aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I always loved that ONI animation. :p

It would also be great if we could train our dupe space cadets to fly fluid tank ships, which can suck the water worlds dry and transport fluids to our base(s). Perhaps some kind of extendable fluid straw for rockets.

image.png.c9aabfe748f640924ef8eab1b7d18bf7.png Iron Harvest flying artillery cannons

...Re-imagined as "Dupe suck water worlds empty with long straws" fluid cargo space harvest ships in ONI.

image.thumb.png.456272d7457b866d45ab74465e2badfd.png

Does piloting attribute actually do anything at the moment? Last I've checked, rockets travel the same distance at the same time either the pilot has 7 skill or 2 (also the piloting skill is only visible through priorities menu and nowhere else.. :rolleyes:)

10 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Does piloting attribute actually do anything at the moment? Last I've checked, rockets travel the same distance at the same time either the pilot has 7 skill or 2 (also the piloting skill is only visible through priorities menu and nowhere else.. :rolleyes:)

If you're running out of oxygen and your control station is in the default position at the bottom of the rocket... a low skill pilot can completely fail to hold their breath long enough to successfully pilot the rocket before needing to climb back to the top of the chamber to catch their breath. They then go back down just to fail again. While this is actually somewhat useful to conserve oxygen, it does leave the rocket on autopilot speed, which may not be enough to get back alive.

We could use some sort of a boost from the piolt having a better piloting skill other than finishing the job faster. Or maybe just a buff for using the centrifudge. I suggested it back in vanila. Using the centrifudge would give the pilot a G-force resistance stat for a few cycles that would allow the rocket to accelerate faster so the space mission would be done faster. This way the centrifudge would be useful all the time whenever you send a dupe to space and not just for stat training.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:58 PM, sakura_sk said:

Does piloting attribute actually do anything at the moment?

The tooltip for piloting says it determines the time it takes a duplicant to complete a space mission.  I don't know if it actually does anything, though.

12 minutes ago, goboking said:

The tooltip for piloting says it determines the time it takes a duplicant to complete a space mission.  I don't know if it actually does anything, though.

The rocket piloting ( animation ) happens faster - That is where the dupe sits at the steering controls of the rocket and steers around :p

I can`t remember how it plays out on the space map with rocket travel/navigation hex field changes, I just started fresh again and have not yet got rockets. However, if a rocket is in orbit and is waiting for the steering animation, then the skill speeds the landing initiation up.

On 5/21/2021 at 8:58 PM, sakura_sk said:

Archived