Why are few people playing DLC?

DLC content is still very thin at the present stage, estimated to be less than 20%. There is no bulk material to be transported by rocket. It's just a matter of looking around every planet. After obtaining a few materials, it ends up in a hurry and goes back to the original development route. For novices, it may be cloudy, and it lacks challenge and attraction for old players。
In the original work (factorio space exploration), at least five minerals need to be developed in other stars to promote the follow-up game. The consumption of these five minerals is very large, but the alien resources in DLC only need so little.

space-exploration-resources.thumb.jpg.f3a3f682a110ddebebe41a0db387cd20.jpg

In the original factorio space exploration, alien minerals are pulled back to the parent star for processing and smelting, and then transported to the space station for scientific research. The materials produced are used in all fields. Many projects are bound to upgrade and replace better materials, not dispensable. This process is very long, up to 100-200 hours of game time, to enter the late game. And this game time is very short, a blogger 9 hours on the end of the DLC game.

space-exploration-asteroid-field-maps.thumb.png.b510bd74349688d46743d3cd7b21bca7.png

In the original (factorio space exploration), during the long process of the game, the carrier rockets between the planets are frequent, which requires the careful deployment of the players. At the same time, with the expansion of the scale, the power consumption has increased more than 100 times, and the power consumption of this DLC is almost the same as that of the original version. It only needs 4kw-6kw to run very well. As a result, many excellent modules designed by us are useless!1954800072_QQ20210514193130.thumb.png.7b5eeba70ffe257dc5f610917813142b.png

I have dozens of excellent design schemes like this, but actually there are only a few schemes used in the game

571149590_GIF2020-4-49-52-06.gif.129ea59e4d579c242734aa4d4cedc6f7.gif595108969_GIF2020-4-298-09-57.gif.1e683904b4e25f5a47faabf9d78cc0f6.gifSnipaste_2020-05-17_15-10-21.thumb.jpg.7b83367d9161ef64f90df1ce3204e483.jpg629653976_GIF2020-7-1212-17-30.thumb.gif.b01448896888a05b1c97c9eb01de24f6.gifSnipaste_2020-05-17_15-10-21.thumb.jpg.7b83367d9161ef64f90df1ce3204e483.jpg

I have received feedback from domestic players: many players are against DLC because Klei has divided part of the original development route into other planets, but has not introduced enough attractive new content to impress players. It gives people the feeling that the content of DLC is actually similar to the original, but the development threshold of DLC is more and more troublesome. As a result, players prefer to play the original rather than the DLC.

Space exploration in the base factorio game? Nope.
So in summary, not the original factorio and in fact a mod.

You're not being fair at all to Klei. You're comparing ONI to a game that went viral, has far "simpler" coding, has been around far long and has a dedicated player base working on creating mods. 

Yeah, Nah.

7 hours ago, Yunru said:

Okay, but are they actually a valid sample?
Can you provide evidence to back up this claim?

It is impossible to make a complete market research report, but such feedback accounts for the vast majority

4 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Ah. So somebody is comparing apples and oranges.

Once you've played space exploration, you'll find that DLC draws on a lot of ideas.

4 hours ago, Smithe37 said:

Space exploration in the base factorio game? Nope.
So in summary, not the original factorio and in fact a mod.

You're not being fair at all to Klei. You're comparing ONI to a game that went viral, has far "simpler" coding, has been around far long and has a dedicated player base working on creating mods. 

Yeah, Nah.

The number of "Oxygen Not Included" development team is quite large, while the development of "space exploration" has always been only one person. I don't deny the success of vanilla of "Oxygen Not Included", only for DLC

Steam's rating is only 76%

You´ve talked to some people, which represent a low one digit percentage of the player community. Its like if i talk to my neighbor about the climate change, and from his opinion i judge the world. 

The DLC ist in development, and even KLEI tells the interested player/buyer to not do so, if they want a finished product and dont want to help in the dev process. Its not done yet. Its incomplete.Its buggy. Thats why. End of Reasons.

23 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

You´ve talked to some people, which represent a low one digit percentage of the player community. Its like if i talk to my neighbor about the climate change, and from his opinion i judge the world. 

The DLC ist in development, and even KLEI tells the interested player/buyer to not do so, if they want a finished product and dont want to help in the dev process. Its not done yet. Its incomplete.Its buggy. Thats why. End of Reasons.

Don't use testing as an excuse“ "Dyson sphere program" is also being tested, and there are fewer game developers than "oxygen not included", but the number of online users of "Dyson sphere program" is far more than that of DLC. Similarly, Dyson sphere program draws on a lot of "factorio" and "space exploration". I don't deny that it's not good to do so, as long as the players pay the bill, but the popularity of DLC is obviously out of order!

So I'm not siding with anybody on this topic but after reading through this I was curios so I looked at some stats. This is just the game as a whole, but in December when the dlc released the number of players spiked obviously for the new content. The issue is it has been dropping every month by about a thousand average players. Obviously this only allows for speculation and nothing is for certain besides the fact that the game is losing popularity.
https://steamcharts.com/app/457140

1 hour ago, O.J.Vodka said:

Don't use testing as an excuse“ "Dyson sphere program" is also being tested, and there are fewer game developers than "oxygen not included", but the number of online users of "Dyson sphere program" is far more than that of DLC. Similarly, Dyson sphere program draws on a lot of "factorio" and "space exploration". I don't deny that it's not good to do so, as long as the players pay the bill, but the popularity of DLC is obviously out of order!

I'm not sure DSP is a good comparison. DSP had a similar release to Valheim and wasn't released like most early access games. It was practically finished. 

Spaced out is more similar in nature to Subnautica Below Zero in the way it has released.

20 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Again with a cite-less claim. Without proof, such words are just noise. 

turn a deaf ear to

42 minutes ago, Smithe37 said:

I'm not sure DSP is a good comparison. DSP had a similar release to Valheim and wasn't released like most early access games. It was practically finished. 

Spaced out is more similar in nature to Subnautica Below Zero in the way it has released.

There is no need to compare with others. The updated content of vanilla in the past is far more than that of DLC now

54 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

So I'm not siding with anybody on this topic but after reading through this I was curios so I looked at some stats. This is just the game as a whole, but in December when the dlc released the number of players spiked obviously for the new content. The issue is it has been dropping every month by about a thousand average players. Obviously this only allows for speculation and nothing is for certain besides the fact that the game is losing popularity.
https://steamcharts.com/app/457140

This data is not high no matter how we look at it, but we are not game developers. It is not our business to analyze these data. We only feed back what we have heard.

7 minutes ago, Yunru said:

Mhmm, I could. But since you're the one making claims, I'd rather poke holes in them. Holes you seem unable to patch. 

I don't want to argue with you. You can only open your eyes and tell lies. The DLC updates these times, the players know how many players are willing to play. I just sent it to Klei, not you.

25 minutes ago, O.J.Vodka said:

I just sent it to Klei, not you.

Guess they really waited just for you to say them, the DLC was not worth the effort, even it isn´t released yet. They will be so pleased...

Why does always someone comes along, yelling at devs do to this, make that, change everything because <any other game> done it? 

15 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Guess they really waited just for you to say them, the DLC was not worth the effort, even it isn´t released yet. They will be so pleased...

Why does always someone comes along, yelling at devs do to this, make that, change everything because <any other game> done it? 

None of your business. Don't put in a word.

Just now, O.J.Vodka said:

Yes, I just want to give feedback to Klei. It's none of your business

Then post a review on steam. Your posting on a public forum, and not even in the feedback area where it belongs. So yes it is anyone's business. Quit acting like you have any right to tell anyone what to do.

2 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Then post a review on steam. Your posting on a public forum, and not even in the feedback area where it belongs. So yes it is anyone's business. Quit acting like you have any right to tell anyone what to do.

Go away. I don't want to talk to you

Just now, O.J.Vodka said:

Sorry not going to happen. If you don't like freedom of speech go post somewhere where you can have the one sided conversation you desire.

2 minutes ago, O.J.Vodka said:

If you can't beat em, act like a second grader.

2 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Sorry not going to happen. If you don't like freedom of speech go post somewhere where you can have the one sided conversation you desire.

Based

Archived