Is the reactor "worth it"?

48 minutes ago, babba said:

Or is it a "Temp" version, which is still currently worked on by Klei and it is not yet the final implementation

With Klei, I don't know. They surpass Nintendo in terms of "lords of the left turn". Didn't expect mutated plants as a update feature.57a2a6fdf350d_arielcasualshrug.png.a442eaccc7d800078e23056c919d38e4.png

20 hours ago, babba said:

What do you guys think...Is the current fat reactor the final Klei version ? Or is it a "Temp" version, which is still currently worked on by Klei and it is not yet the final implementation :confused:@minespatch

I don't know if it's their intended final form, but I think they're very receptive of player feedback and will likely make adjustments if they get the impression that the current iteration leaves much to be desired.

They did just reiterate on it, something about target mass 10x ? and they increased max running temps to 3000k, which is enough to both smelt regolith, sand and what else you might wanna smelt. 

Refineries are still the way to go if you wanna smelt insulation.

I think how ever for now the reactor is mostly good for radbolts and creating a high heat block. 
Maybe it could be run to heat up a big chunk of metal to 2500k, and then you would gradually take from that heat for your heat operations, like cooking oil, smelting rust, regolith or what have you. - I think that's what i would use it for mainly, Using it for power exclusively seems like a waste to me.

On 5/24/2021 at 4:27 PM, goboking said:

I don't know if it's their intended final form, but I think they're very receptive of player feedback and will likely make adjustments if they get the impression that the current iteration leaves much to be desired.

This aged well :)

Also now it definitely is worth it now that fuel is renewable.

Archived