On 5/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

People talking about wasting crowns and helmets on spiders

I though taming creatures were used to save resources, not to waste more

Weeber's army is bad agaisnt aoe bosses but can get the higher and cheaper dps on non aoe bosses

I agree. And someone said Wurt army uniqueness was that it was easier to set up which clearly it is not compared to Webber. Webber compared to Wurt should be easier to set up and should be focused on swarming the enemy with numbers since the spiders are so weak.

Id like to see Webber be able to befreind every spidrer type for his army so you have to use stratetgy to take down your foes. For example, the basic spiders would be your regular swarming infantry unit, mainly used to draw aggro but still put in dps, while cave spiders would fill more of a tank role since they can hide in their husk, and spitters would be your ranged units that focus on dps from afar. So ideally you would send in your cave spiders to tank and regular spiders to take aggro and dps, while your spitters safely attack from the backline. I dont know if it is possible but it would also be neat if klei could find a way where we could control each type of spiders seperately, so for instsnce clicking on one of your spitters highlights and selects all of your spitters for you to command.

The extreme amount of silk you will generate lends itself to there being some type of cheap armor you can craft using silk that will give a little more protection to the spiders but nothing too crazy. Spiders regenrate so fast and a good webber army would easily have 5+ dens 

6 hours ago, Slagger said:

Does anyone know when will we get the update?

17 June would be my guess. It may as well be 10 June but I don't think they are going to rush it. The point is, it'll likely come just before thr Summer Solstice, and on a Thursday unless we get another hickup like eye of the storm

15 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

1675711223_HappyWebber.png.36fd9f5efcba7832a3a05384c8234c66.png

I wonder if spiders are constantly unhappy, of if they are happy but look unhappy, and only Webber's stretched face is capable of making a smile.

i would say happy but look unhappy because webber's resting spider face is unhappy but he can clearly manipulate it to smile, regular spiders probably dont know how to smile

This is the popular theory; that the hint just means Webber can put hats on spiders like other survivors can with pigs. But frankly, I would be rather disappointed if this is all it was and have reason to suspect it might mean more.

First of all, if all it meant was that Webber can dress spiders that would mean giving one a top hat would be utterly useless and provide no perks; only consuming silk and running out of durability in 6 days. Of course that wouldn’t necessarily stop Klei from including it in the gameplay trailer because haha funny spooder hat.

But Jason chose to mention the hint for the Webber rework. Perhaps that might mean it is more than some random decent side perk? And maybe a bit more central to his new gameplay?

We all know Webber is almost certainly getting his own new silky crafting tab. Perhaps he can craft a special spider top hat in this new crafting tab. And he can give spiders these top hats kinda like the beefalo bell. He can only have a couple of these spider friends at a time and they follow him and have/give him some special perks. Just something like this.

2 hours ago, Friendly Grass said:

This is the popular theory; that the hint just means Webber can put hats on spiders like other survivors can with pigs. But frankly, I would be rather disappointed if this is all it was and have reason to suspect it might mean more.

First of all, if all it meant was that Webber can dress spiders that would mean giving one a top hat would be utterly useless and provide no perks; only consuming silk and running out of durability in 6 days. Of course that wouldn’t necessarily stop Klei from including it in the gameplay trailer because haha funny spooder hat.

But Jason chose to mention the hint for the Webber rework. Perhaps that might mean it is more than some random decent side perk? And maybe a bit more central to his new gameplay?

We all know Webber is almost certainly getting his own new silky crafting tab. Perhaps he can craft a special spider top hat in this new crafting tab. And he can give spiders these top hats kinda like the beefalo bell. He can only have a couple of these spider friends at a time and they follow him and have/give him some special perks. Just something like this.

Sounds a little convoluted to be said hint mentioned, but i like your enthusiasm.
You’re talking about having a few semi-permanent spiders, i think ive been hearing that a lot, i mean its doable but a hassle right now, i think itd be fun if webber was able to have a few spiders at his disposal at all times.

Archived