Game crash, need help identify the issue

Hi guys, I got this crash issue again with no crash screen. Save file and log file attached.

Can anyone help me find out what's causing the issue?

BTW, can anyone teach me how to open/read a dmp file? i tried WinDBG and BlueScreenView, but none of them made sense...any instruction on how to read the file is appricated. 

Thanks in advance.

A and G Cycle 1025.savPlayer.log

2 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Simple version: Disable all mods and enable them one by one. The game was recently updated and some mods are still broken. 

I disabled all mods, same issue still happened.

In my experience most ONI crashes directly to desktop are still out-of-memory problems. The computer runs out of memory and the operating system kills it. You can reduce memory usage of the system somewhat by not having a browser open during play or look through the task manager if there other memory eaters that can go. Also removing stations, crittes and dupes helps it. Other than that, by all I love this game, the amount of memory inefficiency was a technical issue for long and still is.

30 minutes ago, Oxygenbreather said:

In my experience most ONI crashes directly to desktop are still out-of-memory problems. The computer runs out of memory and the operating system kills it. You can reduce memory usage of the system somewhat by not having a browser open during play or look through the task manager if there other memory eaters that can go. Also removing stations, crittes and dupes helps it. Other than that, by all I love this game, the amount of memory inefficiency was a technical issue for long and still is.

yea, I know. I’m just trying to figure out what’s causing the memory surge, it could be a bug. Maybe I should bring this to the big report forum.

17 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

The first thing you may try is to run the game without mods and a fresh start. If this runs smooth, it may be your save is already corrupted. Try to load an older autosave. 

read the post.

verify local files. I am seeing some non-standard stuff in your player log. I suggest you rule out the interaction of your base system with the base ONI code, i.e. reinstall in a new location, or full wipe and reinstall.

14 hours ago, warflion said:

yea, I know. I’m just trying to figure out what’s causing the memory surge, it could be a bug. Maybe I should bring this to the big report forum.

Updated text, after reading a bit more of your log file.

Remove all mods via Steam subscription OR start a fresh game save, playing without mods. Deactivated mods may refer to non existing scripts and non existing content.

From your attached log file:

"[18:21:57.971] [1] [INFO] [PLib/Resculpt] Loaded sprite: PeterHan.Resculpt.resculpt.png"

"The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'SaveGame') is missing!"

Good luck :p:encouragement:

-----------------

How much memory is your game pulling ?

The game typically can consume 6-8 GB.

My play system:

image.thumb.png.1ed97c4f5c670d7d66f4bb10a9d8587f.png

Perhaps have a look if the crash still happens in a 1920x1080 resolution, as a shot in to the fog...As you have a lot of brand new top notch system components. But it could be lots of other things, I haven`t loaded your save. Maybe its some game play crash ?

From your log: "Applying resolution 3840x1978 @60hz"

You could also load an old save of yours, from the last stable branch and see if it crashes as you continue to play with that older save file.

Your log: "preview Build: EX1 S11-463187"

I have also so many crashes after the last update. The first crash happened when I started the first rocket. It was to the point I could not play to pass the hurdle of sending the first rocket. I rebuilt the platform and managed to bypass the barrier. But I have so many crashes after that so I save regularly often (apart automatic everyday save).

Not related to mods. Some game sessions have no mods active but still crashes. RAM is 32Gb. It was no problem with vanilla game at 4000+ cycles and 60 dupes.

Let's see - the new patch is coming soon and hopefully it will solve the issue with the platform errors. Obviously it is not the best place to report the crashes - I did report through in-game mechanism and in a bug report part of the forum.

5 hours ago, babba said:

Updated text, after reading a bit more of your log file.

Remove all mods via Steam subscription OR start a fresh game save, playing without mods. Deactivated mods may refer to non existing scripts and non existing content.

From your attached log file:

"[18:21:57.971] [1] [INFO] [PLib/Resculpt] Loaded sprite: PeterHan.Resculpt.resculpt.png"

"The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'SaveGame') is missing!"

Good luck :p:encouragement:

-----------------

How much memory is your game pulling ?

The game typically can consume 6-8 GB.

My play system:

image.thumb.png.1ed97c4f5c670d7d66f4bb10a9d8587f.png

Perhaps have a look if the crash still happens in a 1920x1080 resolution, as a shot in to the fog...As you have a lot of brand new top notch system components. But it could be lots of other things, I haven`t loaded your save. Maybe its some game play crash ?

From your log: "Applying resolution 3840x1978 @60hz"

You could also load an old save of yours, from the last stable branch and see if it crashes as you continue to play with that older save file.

Your log: "preview Build: EX1 S11-463187"

3 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

:P

2 hours ago, KonfigSys said:

I have also so many crashes after the last update. The first crash happened when I started the first rocket. It was to the point I could not play to pass the hurdle of sending the first rocket. I rebuilt the platform and managed to bypass the barrier. But I have so many crashes after that so I save regularly often (apart automatic everyday save).

Not related to mods. Some game sessions have no mods active but still crashes. RAM is 32Gb. It was no problem with vanilla game at 4000+ cycles and 60 dupes.

Let's see - the new patch is coming soon and hopefully it will solve the issue with the platform errors. Obviously it is not the best place to report the crashes - I did report through in-game mechanism and in a bug report part of the forum.

They found the bug, its related to small amount of gas heat transfer.

Archived