Who will be the the 3rd character reworked this year?

Who will be the the 3rd character reworked this year?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Who you think will get a rework after Webber?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Maxwell
  2. 2. Who do you think WON'T be reworked next?

• Wilson
    • Wolfgang
    • Wx-78
    • Wickerbottom
    • Maxwell

What is for sure is that Maxwell and Wilson won't be next, it would only be fitting to leave the 2 "main" characters of the game for the finale, as for the upcoming rework it could be anyone, we've seen that Klei is going to push for a rework that people want the most so the next one will be chosen by voicing yourself on the forums

IMO Wickerbottom will likely be the next character to be reworked after webber, I mean she already got an change related to her books, so she may end up being reworked this year.

While to the one who will not be reworked this year, obviously it without a doubt it wouldn't be wilson nor maxwell.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:27 PM, clickrush said:

Wolfgang however was more powerful than all of these characters and is still arguably the most powerful character in general. Other characters outshine him in specific areas or bosses at best. But he remains the strongest general purpose combat character. I don’t think there is a need to buff him or make him easier to play.

edit: simplicity and ease are very different concepts btw. He is a very simple character but relies on you to know how to stack up food quicker and know the attack patterns of enemies better, so he isn’t super easy. Wendy and Wigfrid are more complex characters but arguably easier to play effectively.

For Wolfgang damage and speed are his main selling points but there are characters as fast as him or faster and with the beefalo update everyone can have a portable speed boost. On the damage side of things players have tools to exceed his damage when it comes to bosses since double damage doesn't mean much when compared to cheese methods. And when it comes to general mobs wendy is the champ. While I think Wolfgang is good as is I do also think his playstyle is kinda bland overall his perk is the power of comparison you get to see your stronger and faster than most and that is where the fun is supposed to come from but I think it'd be nice if he had a unique ability as well but that's just me.

I think it will be WX, but Maxwell honestly need it more IMO and also seems an 'easy' one to refresh

I'm not getting all that fuss around Wicker though. She is still pretty consistent and far from weak despite the "nerf"

11 minutes ago, Behan said:

I think it will be WX, but Maxwell honestly need it more IMO and also seems an 'easy' one to refresh

I'm not getting all that fuss around Wicker though. She is still pretty consistent and far from weak despite the "nerf"

I think it's because the majority played her for her food growing ability after it getting nerfed into the ground the amount of people who play her fell off hard not to mention the fact her books now negatively effect plants and crops. Your right tho she's far from weak.

Edit: personally I'm in the camp of maxwell getting refreshed next mostly out of curiousity will kiel keep him as a harvester or give him a new role?

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I think it's because the majority played her for her food growing ability after it getting nerfed into the ground the amount of people who play her fell off hard not to mention the fact her books now negatively effect plants and crops. Your right tho she's far from weak.

Edit: personally I'm in the camp of maxwell getting refreshed next mostly out of curiousity will kiel keep him as a harvester or give him a new role?

If the decision was mine to make, I would lower Maxwell's damage multiplier with conventional weapons (mostly melee and darts) and give him something magically cool, like increased durability for staves and night sword/armor.
I would settle for better shadow control/AI though.

8 minutes ago, Behan said:

If the decision was mine to make, I would lower Maxwell's damage multiplier with conventional weapons (mostly melee and darts) and give him something magically cool, like increased durability for staves and night sword/armor.
I would settle for better shadow control/AI though.

Definitely a cool idea mine was to make it so that his shadows used his sanity as hp and while he has shadows his sanity regen would be removed unless he was using the shadow sword or armor(in this scenario it assumes those won't drain sanity for him but give him sanity).

Forgot to mention that the shadows would use the player damage taken multiplier and mimic half the damage reduction of the player.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

In my view, WX is one of those characters like Woodie and Warly that would benefit the most from a complete overhaul to his mechanics than the likes of Wigfrid who just got one additional mechanism.

Changing them “too much” changes their identity as a character unless Klei also comes up with some cool lore reason as to why they can do what they can do now.

Example being Woodie: in DS Solo he feared his curse and couldn’t contain it- But in DST upon meeting up with Wickerbottom she was able to observe and improve his curse to the point that he now has almost complete control over it.

I don’t have many suggestions for WX except that they should be able to reach into its own chest compartment and much like Wormwood chopping healing logs, give players gears and electrical doodads, I would “like” for WX to gain new gameplay perhaps something like the iron hulks in Hamlet (aka having to find a dormant robot part & find a way to charge it)

Other than that I can’t really think of much else- maybe since Abigail is now a permanent light source for Wendy WX’s eyes could light up like headlights or something.

Archived