Something small and something tall

Now that Klei have finished working on this big story arc, it's time for them to focus on something smaller. That being smallbirds. This is a very old bit of content that needs some love. It is something that players do once (if even) and then never again.

• A grown up smallbird attacking you instead of staying allied or going neutral and forming a nest nearby is disappointing
  • Adult tallbirds casually murdering their smallbird babies come spring is confusing too

Some of you sadists out there like that we can't have nice things. However, domesticated beefalo attack only if you neglect them too much. All I want is for raised tallbirds to do the same.

Apparently Toadstool doesn't target young tallbirds. There is a video on Youtube where a player shows off weaponizing tallbirds to take down Toadstool (although this method seemed rather inefficient and prone to accidents, lol). Tallbirds are a forgotten bunch, although I don't see a problem with that. x) Not everything has to be amazing. Mundane creatures also embellish The Constant.

Growing tallbirds is a joke to remind you that this is an uncompromising world where everything is out to kill you. Every single possible thing you can do doesn't need to only be done just because it's a powerful option.

19 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Growing tallbirds is a joke to remind you that this is an uncompromising world where everything is out to kill you. Every single possible thing you can do doesn't need to only be done just because it's a powerful option.

:c

2 hours ago, Warpspeed10 said:

Now that Klei have finished working on this big story arc, it's time for them to focus on something smaller. That being smallbirds. This is a very old bit of content that needs some love. It is something that players do once (if even) and then never again.

• A grown up smallbird attacking you instead of staying allied or going neutral and forming a nest nearby is disappointing
  • Adult tallbirds casually murdering their smallbird babies come spring is confusing too

Some of you sadists out there like that we can't have nice things. However, domesticated beefalo attack only if you neglect them too much. All I want is for raised tallbirds to do the same.

It shouldn’t be that easy.. they should need care and maintenance- neglect them and they Murder you.

It would be beyond cool if they could overhaul them so they require you the player to do something you otherwise normally wouldn’t do, for example: Maybe they could have a special diet and they eat Stone Fruit or Seaweed Barnacle & if they don’t get that.. they then become hostile.

Aka it’s taking existing content and forcing you to interact with it more often..

That’s the downsides, but cool upsides would be customization like Beefalo and riding them as a faster alternative to Beefalo (think of them like tamed Terrorbird in Ark survival evolved)

Yes please DO Rework Tallbirds Klei..

I don't think they should add tall bird taming but i do think it would be cool if when small birds grown up they run away and make a nest. Maybe even make it so the tall bird that were raised by the player wont fight the player that raised them! and only them. But if they steal the egg they still fight. Its  crazy that tall birds still kill thier own babies. lmao

Archived