I need tips for ONI

It`s good to set your outhouses and wash basins on high priority (7 or higher). Dupes will empty them on their own once they are full as long as they can access them and they got dirt to refill them.

Also keep in mind dupes won`t do any jobs doing downtime or sleeptime unless it`s red alert. You can put dupes on different schedules so if some are eating or sleeping others can empty the toilets.

Outhouse and job priorities: The Outhouses are cleaned by the "Tidying" job, you can dedicate a dupe to take care of tidy jobs. Don`t hesitate to ask more questions, the forumistas will be glad to help you :beguiled:@BlockBetter291

image.thumb.png.8aca26de9351a22c5891095b4c38b01b.pngimage.png.64d372ad8177f437ec10efa9c04d8e06.png

-------

As general ONI tip,I try to keep the Tesla below 3,5 - I find that works best :ghost:

image.thumb.png.c6bc6eba9ac5ecc6b1845e88dfbde144.png

Advanced tip of the day:  When you have plastic and can make high pressure gas vents, combine them with an atmo sensor and pressurize your base to 2500g.  This will keep things like bleach stone and polluted dirt from offgassing.

4 hours ago, Articestone said:

I have a question, what do u prepare when clearing the chlorine /hydrogen /dreckelt biome. I have cleared the swamp and the ice biome but its gonna be my first time to clear the dreckelt biome 

I'm trying to preserver ice and chlonre/hydrogen biomes if it possible. Chlorine-hydrogen biomes have a lot of plants which could be used as food source for dreckons (meat, fiber, as usual it possible to build 4 farms in one biome), ice biomes as usual provide enough sleat wheat grain for burgers.

56 minutes ago, degr said:

I'm trying to preserver ice and chlonre/hydrogen biomes if it possible. Chlorine-hydrogen biomes have a lot of plants which could be used as food source for dreckons (meat, fiber, as usual it possible to build 4 farms in one biome), ice biomes as usual provide enough sleat wheat grain for burgers.

Gonna be a somewhat difficult since there is 2 cool steam geyser close to it so I have to clear some of it 

14 hours ago, Articestone said:

I have a question, what do u prepare when clearing the chlorine /hydrogen /dreckelt biome. I have cleared the swamp and the ice biome but its gonna be my first time to clear the dreckelt biome 

The biggest challenge is dealing with the chlorine.  If you're on an asteroid that has dasha saltvines, great, problem solved.  Otherwise, there are techniques for getting rid of it - squeaky pufts and puft princes will convert it to bleach stone - then just put that into a storage bin submerged in water.  Other options include pumping it to space (once you've gotten that far).  The hydrogen will largely take care of itself.  It'll migrate upwards and into space without any special effort on your part.  I would block in the cool steam geysers with insulated tiles until you're ready to deal with them properly.  Dupes may get scalded in the process, but that's the price of progress.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:24 PM, NewWorldDan said:

The biggest challenge is dealing with the chlorine.  If you're on an asteroid that has dasha saltvines, great, problem solved.  Otherwise, there are techniques for getting rid of it - squeaky pufts and puft princes will convert it to bleach stone - then just put that into a storage bin submerged in water.  Other options include pumping it to space (once you've gotten that far).  The hydrogen will largely take care of itself.  It'll migrate upwards and into space without any special effort on your part.  I would block in the cool steam geysers with insulated tiles until you're ready to deal with them properly.  Dupes may get scalded in the process, but that's the price of progress.

Chlorine is the only geyser which really "nerves" me and which I try to avoid on world generation - Maybe a personal preference....but I so would wish that Klei would add more advanced use to Chlorine. I mean, some really big beneficial new use of Chlorine in the end game. :confused:

image.png.46fc9027b19d2c86c4b85a362e1f647f.png

32 minutes ago, babba said:

Chlorine is the only geyser which really "nerves" me and which I try to avoid on world generation

The squeaky puft union wants to: know your location.

Hot tub dupe-aficionados mourn your choice.

Disease causing bugs rub their hands in antici-

Spoiler

pation.

3 hours ago, JRup said:

The squeaky puft union wants to: know your location.

Hot tub dupe-aficionados mourn your choice.

Disease causing bugs rub their hands in antici-

Reveal hidden contents

pation.

Yes yes yes my friend, many thanks :encouragement: ...but but, I`m thinking of something larger ! :afro:

For the total end game :p

image.png.8470c7d414a19f675b28b328cf704c44.pngThe total end game

https://blogs.nasa.gov/Rocketology/tag/chlorine/

"Solid rocket fuel is the original rocket fuel, dating back to the early fireworks developed by the Chinese centuries ago. For the SLS boosters, aluminum powder serves as the fuel and a mineral salt, ammonium perchlorate, is the oxidizer."

Whatever the use could be, to me mixed in as rocket fuel additive or whatever - Something where industrial players and rocket fanatics like me could think "I need the Chlorine Geyser" to spawn in my starter world, so I can mix it in and prepare the mega rocket fuel for the final total blast mega engine ! :distracted::angel::black_eyed:

Chlorine could be an rocket fuel add in/additive component, next to pulverized rocket fuel Aluminium-Powder ( shredded in the advanced "Micro Shredda" building from Aluminium, 2x1 minime tile size ) and some other mega advanced fuel material additives from other asteroids, which the player needs to gather to make this total endgame super rocket fuel.

This could be the final super fuel to reach to the "final" border of the star map. Or its the only fuel which enables warp drive with the NtrPrize rocket warp engine module, for super rocket speed or whatever.

...but but, whatever people can think off for total endgame Chlorine use - It could be some other great forumista ideas for endgame Chlorine use :confused::confused::confused: Whatever people can come up with, all ideas are welcome :cheerful:

I`l only give one summon request ping for special input request, I promise :hopelessness::ghost:@KonfigSys :beguiled:

-------------

Bandai SATURN V ROCKET Apollo 13 :x:x:x # Adam Savage Reviews Bandai's 1/144 Saturn V Model Set :rolleyes::ghost:

image.png.282c26de844f011981be091d0a68ada6.png Insane in the membrane !

image.thumb.png.e91f3bf8a7b247cbf78446c71ab7f9d5.png  ascii2.gif Let us land on Planet GRAVITAS dear Klei :p

On 5/24/2021 at 3:09 AM, babba said:

Yes yes yes my friend, many thanks :encouragement: ...but but, I`m thinking of something larger ! :afro:

For the total end game :p

image.png.8470c7d414a19f675b28b328cf704c44.pngThe total end game

https://blogs.nasa.gov/Rocketology/tag/chlorine/

"Solid rocket fuel is the original rocket fuel, dating back to the early fireworks developed by the Chinese centuries ago. For the SLS boosters, aluminum powder serves as the fuel and a mineral salt, ammonium perchlorate, is the oxidizer."

Whatever the use could be, to me mixed in as rocket fuel additive or whatever - Something where industrial players and rocket fanatics like me could think "I need the Chlorine Geyser" to spawn in my starter world, so I can mix it in and prepare the mega rocket fuel for the final total blast mega engine ! :distracted::angel::black_eyed:

Chlorine could be an rocket fuel add in/additive component, next to pulverized rocket fuel Aluminium-Powder ( shredded in the advanced "Micro Shredda" building from Aluminium, 2x1 minime tile size ) and some other mega advanced fuel material additives from other asteroids, which the player needs to gather to make this total endgame super rocket fuel.

This could be the final super fuel to reach to the "final" border of the star map. Or its the only fuel which enables warp drive with the NtrPrize rocket warp engine module, for super rocket speed or whatever.

...but but, whatever people can think off for total endgame Chlorine use - It could be some other great forumista ideas for endgame Chlorine use :confused::confused::confused: Whatever people can come up with, all ideas are welcome :cheerful:

I`l only give one summon request ping for special input request, I promise :hopelessness::ghost:@KonfigSys :beguiled:

Hi, Babba,

I have one more usage to add - I really like chorine for DLC for one major thing - free sand!!! and as an added bonus a happy smile of dup faces when they use table salt.

As there are not meteors and sand is still in high demand. I make a room and then plant dasha saltvine by pips. No maintenance needed - the plants consume all chlorine a vent produces, grow and then drop salt without any dup intervention; then the salt can be processed into table salt and sand.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c9295456b0a91509818abdb79d76f1e2.png

here we are; 

there is a mod for pip planting on any tiles but this can be done with proper planning and preserving some natural tiles for the pip planting.

Dasha saltvine plants drop the salt after several cycles, it can be automated to pick up salt for processing further.

As you can see some plants are not growing as it is not enough chlorine for them. Puffs can be in the same room and produce bleach stone (you also can automate collection but rails should be in walls to prevent chlrorine vapours from transportating the bleach stone.

all my puffs are wild - the printing pod is there; when I got a puff egg or baby I print it on this pod

And to add - I really like to plant dasha saltvine at the bottom of the base to clean air from chlorine - see on the bottom right - just one natural dasha saltvine completely remove any traces of chlorine in my base. I collect CO2 for slickster feeding at the bottom right....

you may want to mutate dasha to increase its temperature top to above 60C of chlorine vent. Alternatively some cooling will be required (but it is minor as chlorine does not propagate/accumulate temperature well. I did not chill the room for like 1000+ cycles.

About your idea to use it for a rocket engine.

You probably know or got to the point - but chlorine is used in rocket fuel production!!!!

{\displaystyle {\ce {CO(NH2)2 + NaClO + 2NaOH -> N2H4 + H2O + NaCl + Na2CO3}}}

you get hydrazine, salt and water (all can be used for game purposes) from urea (or ammonia) and salts

hydrazine is used as a component in rocket fuel. So to say the hydrogen rocket in the game is equal to hydrozyne rocket in reality.

The only problem is that Cl is not used up in this reaction. But it can be in the game mechanics.....

It can be a great idea to use hydrazine in hydrogen rockets as the temperature range is +2 - +114C (so it is liquid at normal temperature).

So an alternative scenario is possible for hydrogen rockets - similar to oxygen part (fertilizer, oxylite, lox).

thinking about in-game implementation

I think a new chemical reactor is to be introduced in the game which processes materials

for example here, you can pipe-in polluted water, bleach stone and pump-in chlorine to get an alternative to hydrogen fuel which can be pumped into a rocket. As byproducts you may get salt and clean water.

Ammonium Perchlorate(NH4ClO4) idea is also perfectly viable.....

it was used on small/earlier version rockets - solid fuel type....

actually there is not need for a new building - we have one already - the forge!

so just one more receipt to add 

it works similar to super coolant production, for example

but this time you add p water, bleach stone and chlorine (bottled) and get new fuel for rocket engine, salt and water (can be spilled out or steam like).

however, it cannot be really automated - a lot of bottles but then a player does not need to deal with isoresin for a while and liquid hydrogen.

Archived