Creating ceramic without the Kiln

I was interested in this topic (since they are in the archive, I am writing here):

I sketched out my version:

1069826479_.thumb.jpg.eca2ae51699b32fc60f1291d706ecd59.jpg

On the output, after 5 cycles (not an ideal result):

1662678510_.png.567d9bacf06e00d848b66e639f5c2da3.png

The circuit can be adjusted more precisely, make a large heat exchanger...
But I still don't understand - how it is better than a conventional kiln? Is it the economy of coal?

****. I already assembled the circuit, I assembled it. :-D It's right up there.

The question I had to ask myself was, why did I build it? What advantages does it have over the kiln?

6 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

****. I already assembled the circuit, I assembled it. :-D It's right up there.

The question I had to ask myself was, why did I build it? What advantages does it have over the kiln?

magma is bad for that, use something else

steel liquid is fastest for turn  it to ceramic , soo either use steel geyser or turn solid metal to liquid and then use that

6 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

Okay. Let's do it another way.
Why did Nakomaru and Lilscratchy build it?

for fun i guess, but you say your build takes 5 cycles to make creaming , but when using metal , then its instant  

That's great. And now there is little left to do: that the mechanisms do not overheat in a vacuum, the kemic comes out at a normal temperature, and the flow rate of magma is acceptable.

1 hour ago, DimaB77 said:

That's great. And now there is little left to do: that the mechanisms do not overheat in a vacuum, the kemic comes out at a normal temperature, and the flow rate of magma is acceptable.

:-D cool down the ceramic is not issue at all, need make the pre heating room for clay , ceramic adds the heat to there, after that other leftover can be used for steam engine room 

and after steam engine room, other leftover can added to whatever needs the heat, plants , animals

7 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

Congratulations!  Moreover, this happens with any change in the aggregate state of matter.

you know what that meas?, i could then easily feed the energy to steam turbine and also cooling the miners.

17 hours ago, DimaB77 said:

how it is better than a conventional kiln? Is it the economy of coal?

It isn't! The kiln deletes 33% of the input clay mass if you convert clay to coal using hatches. This deletes at least 50% of the input mass due to mining.

By the way, you can solve the double-mining problem I described the video by using pneumatic doors in the area where ceramic solidifies. This probably wouldn't have been discovered by lilyscratchy if we didn't try to optimize a silly thing.

48 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

By the way, you can solve the double-mining problem I described the video by using pneumatic doors in the area where ceramic solidifies. This probably wouldn't have been discovered by lilyscratchy if we didn't try to optimize a silly thing.

Wonderful catch!

I might be a little late to the party, however, I have some heat exchanger related doubts. I guess some points must have come up in the past...

Regarding the hydrogen loop seen in the ceramifier:

1049955632_ceramifierH2loop.png.9c5bfec39de38fadc12ff89f3965f68a.png

Would it be better to flip the bridge and set it up in countercurrent to the flow of the conveyor rail?

Also, I see that no automation bridges were used this time around in order to maximize mass in the exchanger. Was this an omission or was it just diminishing returns by this point?

I would hope to have your take on using mechanized airlocks vs metal tile, but I guess that's pushing the envelope on this thread.

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

It isn't! The kiln deletes 33% of the input clay mass if you convert clay to coal using hatches. This deletes at least 50% of the input mass due to mining.

It's clear now. From the point of view that the hatch give only 50% of what they eat, the scheme makes sense.

2 hours ago, nakomaru said:

By the way, you can solve the double-mining problem I described the video by using pneumatic doors in the area where ceramic solidifies.

In the video with 2 blocks (20kg) fell 2 piles of 10 kg, ie 50%. The same thing happened to me, so I gave up the doors:

10kg.png.b6338f586c2eaf57e4248ca8a2b195f4.png
Or did I miss something?

2 hours ago, nakomaru said:

This probably wouldn't have been discovered by lilyscratchy if we didn't try to optimize a silly thing.

I didn't say it was a silly thing.:?

now if thinking by that, it means that make ceramic without Klin is actually good idea, because you lose more materials when you use klin.

with klin you lose 25kg coal + dig or hatch you lose 50% material

that makes even if you lose 50% with miner when you dig ceramic , you still at + 25 kg win without klin

55 minutes ago, DimaB77 said:

From the point of view that the hatch give only 50% of what they eat

Sage Hatch FTW! 100% conversion rate. Eco Green & fluffy.

24 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

The PIMP solves the magma precision problem we couldn't fix.

Less than 2 years to boot! Absurd kudos to Zarquan, a new set of convoluted builds will pop up with this unholy union. If not, then I blame the DLC and its abundance of bling.

Just now, gabberworld said:

yes, if look that then it have 100%, but by material view you still lose allot, as you need first make sage hatch as well

Getting the sage morph is as trivial as dirt (the polluted variety is fairly abundant).

Getting (polluted) dirt does require a bit of effort but can be arranged nonetheless.

1 hour ago, JRup said:

Getting the sage morph is as trivial as dirt (the polluted variety is fairly abundant).

Getting (polluted) dirt does require a bit of effort but can be arranged nonetheless.

also for maximum sage efficiency you need feed him with, either with dirt , slime , algae, fertilizer or polluted dirt.

probaply the best option is the fertilizer as other materials needed in other places

also you need huge sage hatch farm if you actually want feed the kiln because every 100kg ceramic you need 25kg coal

there seems also bug with hatch as there typed that it needs 140kg/cycle when using for example the fertilizer.

Archived