Darming with Wormwood in solo world

Does it worth to farm crops if I play solo ?

Usually I farm potatoes for healing and sustaining but wormwood doesnt need healing foods. So I planning to make 8 beeboxes and build base in swamp.

I can make Honey drugs and eat the honey and I will not need to spend time to taking care of plants.

Well, you know the question. Thanks in advance!

You can farm pupkins and corn for hunger

If you tame a beefalo you can feed him easily and removes your health penalty, you can farm healing veggies to heal him instead

Other than that, i only plant random seeds to get hunger or only high hunger veggies seeds if i want to play without wasting time using a cookpot 

Your focus crops would be different but yea, even in solo wormwood worlds, farming helps greatly. Especially pumpkins are very useful for hunger, but for other seasons you can make great use of corn, eggplants, potatoes and dragonpies. And while sanity is relatively easy to keep with wormwood, you can make good use out of tomatoes, potatoes, garlic and onions for their relevant sanity dishes. Having excess crops also helps with fillers, filling your hunger for sleeping and beefalo taming.

Wormwood and his pumpkins.jpg

I do very little farming in my solo Wormwood world. Like once every 3 years or so.

Strangely, I haven't run into any hunger issues... hmmm...

unknown.png

(That's 505 Pumpkins, for the record. Well, I've already eaten 6, so they're 499. Either way, that's enough to feed a blooming Wormwood for 3 whole years. More rarely, I will plant Toma Roots + Onions to make me a bundle of Salsa Frescas for easy sanity restoration, or a "small" harvest of Potatoes to heal Bill, my beefalo.)

Pumpkins are probably the only crop you'd care about solo, or some potato/tomato if you're using a beefalo.

It's definitely worth farming them as it's very easy to farm insane amounts of food with little effort, compared to other ways to get that much hunger; and imo you really don't need to care for them much, I wouldn't bother trying to grow giants. Personally I don't think there is much point in using a crockpot as a solo Wormwood, unless you're making jellybeans or jelly salads. 

Great option but relatively not as powerful as farming in multiplayer, obviously. It's a lot less effort to set up than other comparable food farms like honey and jerky, but the food might spoil faster so you'd either need to use bundling wraps or get it more frequently. It's up to you, but I generally do it.

Making beehives is 100% a good idea. They will give you all of the food and healing you'll ever need.

Here's another healing option, the bat bat! Place two bunny hutches near a sinkhole and collect the wings in the morning. If you cant ruins rush, you can dig up blue and red gems from graves. Klaus and dragonfly are also great for early purple gems. The bat bat's sanity loss can be easy negated with a few crop seeds. Don't use it as a main weapon though, only to heal. 

Others have said to use potatoes for healing your beef, but I recommend mushroom planters. They are far easier to maintain and you can get 6 per planter if you collect blue spores just before winter end. Compared to farming this method requires 0 maintenance other than the occasional living long every 4 harvests.

Late game I use jelly beans and healing salves to heal. Stone bushes are great for this as they supply 2/3 of the necessary ingredients. Just save up a stack and blow them up with some gunpowder, I recommend a lazy forager for ease of collecting.

If you want some easy healing outside of battle then try compost bins. I have 3 running every once in a while and use them to top off my hp when something random manages to land a blow on me.

Archived