Spoiler

2066023446_Wendyboat1.jpg.4be2cd5e4cf83af61ea5e537f0af4736.jpg522402992_Wendyboat2.jpg.03f043a40a5cbe3764978cb79a29b67a.jpg788652137_Wendyboat3.jpg.4217bdcf9b0fda245f5b2b2e2c4c8997.jpg

2136040511_Wendyboat4.jpg.1ab5c36fa1f94db8ff610449db1e3356.jpg

This is boat design in my creative world, for year-round sailing, compatible with any characters, and after completion it leaves opportunity to change 1 big structure at any time (salt lick in this case; can be replaced with ice-flingomatic, mushroom planter, tent, another salt lick etc.). Bird cage should NOT be placed at the edge of the boat, or else eggs will fall into the ocean and/or player won't be able to access area between anchor and cage. After some cookie-cutter farming I have plenty of meat, and with cage and some barnacles can cook bacon and eggs and other egg-requiring recipes (or use egg as non-meat filler). Crock pot, ice box and salt box are here for obvious reasons (I would recommend regular crock pot even for Warly, for surf'n'turf), and since salt box requires little space to be placed, it can be easily placed after any other structures, when player acquired materials for it. The only inconvenience is that grid from geometric placement is tied to water, and not to the boat. I'm using fire pit for light, cooking and heating because furnace visually blocks a lot of space and overheats surrounding during half of in-game year; I don't mind to keep stack of beefalo wool in one of the chests, and later on use sunfish for heat and mushlight/glowcap for light, cook in large quantities and bundle food for later use in crock pot. Glowcap can be substituted with end table for light from the beginning; but in order to rebuild/switch structure in place of salt lick it will need to hammered, although I consider rebuilding cost cheap, and glowcap/mushlight doesn't need much space to be placed. Drying rack serves 2 main purposes: to dry kelp and feed moon moth in my inventory, and to dry raw fish (becomes jerky, allows to cook meaty stew without dish resulting in surf'n'turf) and kelp (to regain freshness as ingredient/to consume for sanity). If there is Wendy nearby when first structures are placed on the boat (requiring a lot of space), she can fit sisturn in the center for sanity aura for everyone on the boat (followers give sanity only to 1 player), but in case I'm not Wendy in my solo world, I use tam-o-shanter. Water pump can be skipped, and luxury fan is more than enough to extinguish all the fire on the boat, not to mention that spittlefish on the boat also auto-extinguishes fire, so while I'm fighting, I can use those. Anchor and steering wheel must NOT be put on the edge of the boat, because they can glitch, and player won't be able to access them without walking cane. Regular masts can be substituted later on with malbatross sails without a problem.

Here is that design, used in actual survival game:

Spoiler

1882616995_warlyboat.jpg.eb4b1c8c1878d5fafbc36fe4d65f1f7c.jpg

Edit: Spittlefish doesn't exstinguish fire and smoldering, but luxury fan is still enough, especially if there are lureplants on the boat. Example:

Spoiler

wendyboat6.jpg.7485c946f7b7d1c0e9ed5a71d793b94e.jpg

my late game one

in one of the tin fishing' bin of the three are thermal fishes to be able to sail during summer and winter

1 small chest for basic materials, other for fishing stuff and the 3rd one for having extra space. The scaled one is for tridents, tools, orange amulet and feather fans

20210411211502_1.thumb.jpg.68e25ee9dae97b3df13c4915d3fcfa5a.jpg

On 4/10/2021 at 10:41 AM, HeatAndRun said:

Well seems most of these boat designs are significantly vulnerable from Wavey Jones. I also like crowded boats design but now the night is pretty dangerous to sail on a crowded boat when he spawns right behind a structure at the edge, even though he was nerfed once before. Using winged sails is much more safer for sailing because he can only lower it and cannot hoist it which prevents unexpected boat accident.

I haven't done much sailing since he was added for exactly that reason. The ocean is pretty boring, the fun of it comes from having a decked out boat base. An invulnerable shadow man that forces me to afk on his hand throughout the entire night (which can be up to 4 minutes long) just because one person on my boat falls below perfectly max sanity really takes the fun out of it. It's not even hard, it's just boring and tedious.

53 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

An invulnerable shadow man that forces me to afk on his hand throughout the entire night

if you scare 3 times wavy jones, it doest appear for the rest of the night so no "entire night afk"

53 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

It's not even hard

try fighting 2 shadows+ a shark meanwhile you save your boat from wavy

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if you scare 3 times wavy jones, it doest appear for the rest of the night so no "entire night afk"

I am literally responding to someone who is pointing out that you can't do that if he's behind an object.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

try fighting 2 shadows+ a shark meanwhile you save your boat from wavy

Wavy Jones doesn't start spawning when your sanity is low enough for hostile creatures, he starts spawning when your sanity isn't perfect. Maybe your comment would make sense if he spawned 5 times later than he currently does.

12 minutes ago, Tranoze said:

My ultimate fishing boat. The reason no mast is because i use this to fish deep bass and farm malbatross.

image.png.f6adb373adef17b1c1582fd0b68f7ce7.png

that's exactly, why you should add masts though. Cause when malbatross destroys it, he drops more feathers. Unless, you are farming him for his bill that is. (or the meat)

6 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

that's exactly, why you should add masts though. Cause when malbatross destroys it, he drops more feathers. Unless, you are farming him for his bill that is. (or the meat)

yes im farming his bill. add mast just a waste of material and i have too much of his feather anyway.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:41 AM, HeatAndRun said:

Well seems most of these boat designs are significantly vulnerable from Wavey Jones. I also like crowded boats design but now the night is pretty dangerous to sail on a crowded boat when he spawns right behind a structure at the edge, even though he was nerfed once before. Using winged sails is much more safer for sailing because he can only lower it and cannot hoist it which prevents unexpected boat accident.

That’s definitely a challenge. But to sail indefinitely and sustainably, it’s almost mandatory to use all the space given. So it’s ideal to just use clothing and dried kelp to keep your sanity above 75%, preventing wavy Jones from spawning.

Archived