When did spiders start eating tentacle spikes?

So at first I thought I was just confused, but now I’ve seen spiders eat several tentacle spikes, the spike drops, they chew, no more spike.

Did they always do this? There used to be spikes all over their three nests but now they’re just absent.

On PS4, but what a weird change.

They do... What? I have never seen something like this. Moreso, getting early silk and spike from spiders fighting tentacles was always my common tactic, and they never touched them. 

Maybe it got added recently? 

2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

They do... What? I have never seen something like this. Moreso, getting early silk and spike from spiders fighting tentacles was always my common tactic, and they never touched them. 

Maybe it got added recently? 

Not sure if it’s intentional but at this point I’m either right or going crazy. 

11 minutes ago, SaphironX said:

Not sure if it’s intentional but at this point I’m either right or going crazy. 

No, no. Now you mention it, I think I've never seen tentacle spikes close to a spider den. On PC I see them frequently close to merm houses.

i just test it and no spiders DONT eat tentacel spikes or spots tentacels dont always drop them and there dead animation more or less looks so they drop a spike and maybe monstermeat droped there and the spider ate that but they dont eat spikes

Archived