Game is Progressing down a Dangerous Path - New QoL Update - How to Avoid

Action and Cooking Queue

This is the game's first in-direct response to a massively received yet unjust complaint: "Repetitive, boring"! The action queue indicates that indeed collecting items in DST is a chore, and you better do it by automated means!

I always enjoy collecting items one by one (knowing how many you need is a time management skill.) and listening to ambient and other music of the game while doing so, and it is the raw feeling of being trapped in a wilderness, if you remove that, you remove a special essence of player's experience. (Same goes for the Cooking.)

Opening the Same Container

This is a great improvement when it comes to Fridges, as they provide players with one of the most needed items to survive, Food! But Chests? those are mid to late game means of storage that don't need to be accessed by emergency, as no such item is usually put there, but extras.

This change will cause confusion, and meddling of Chest item design and sorting, as the other players have ability to constantly and rapidly adjust whatever the first player is adjusting inside the Chest.

Starting Items

This is the first in-direct hand-holding and tutorial represented by the game, as it suggests the player they need these certain items at a certain time.

The problem is, one of the game's original failures, therefore original fun is dying by the darkness and then realizing how to survive it, and that is part of the game's experience removed by this update! The player is immune to failure at spawn, immune to not having a pick-axe, and simply immune to having fun failing.

Even as a casual gamer (I play a lot of Idlers and life sims) I really like not having my hand held by the games, especially supposedly hostile-lored mystery games; That is why I figured out you can survive at darkness by jumping from Firefly lights to others, and if you can't find Flints, maybe explore a bit? (Is that an option?) and maybe use the Wormhole to suddenly find a rocky biome and feel good!

Which Road and Why is it Dangerous?

The game is putting a pause to its mystery, the hostility towards characters, puzzles, and trying to help characters survive! It's unfair if you ask Charlie.

What I think can be done?

Do not be under pressure because of complaints about game's genre or difficulty! Most of the changes are suggested and applied due to gamers being used to mainstream games, especially MOBA and Shooter games, therefore the much simpler, smaller yet richer original genres are not appreciated.

I'm sure you don't do the following, but just in case: Do not analyze Feedback and Suggestions based on popularity or influence of the suggester, Instead based on your own feeling about the game as the developers, and based on the original goal, lore, design and personality of it; A lot of people wanting something doesn't mean it will look good on the game.

The game should be represented as is and should not change its behavior and appearance very rapidly based on singular Feedback; Feedback from all players should make a bigger picture of it in your mind, and get considered like that, while always passing from your Originality filter first.

TL;DR:

Let DST stay DST.

actually is pretty unfair, when you spawn to the word and no piece of stick nor a piece of grass is around. If this is a pub the only solution is to log off because you're going to be unable to survive at all, and probably nobody is going to rescue. 

That's why this is. 

3 hours ago, Chesmu said:

This is a great improvement when it comes to Fridges, as they provide players with one of the most needed items to survive, Food! But Chests? those are mid to late game means of storage that don't need to be accessed by emergency, as no such item is usually put there, but extras.

This change will cause confusion, and meddling of Chest item design and sorting, as the other players have ability to constantly and rapidly adjust whatever the first player is adjusting inside the Chest.

this is not a bad inclusion at all this is a huge QoL improvement if klei removes this i will never play dst again i've been wanting this feature ever since i played dst and thank god zarklord was hired by klei and implemented it one of the greatest features to be added in years

Well- I strongly disagree.. and the reason WHY I disagree is while you may have legit concerns about the things you mentioned.

What about the new MORE options for Console players? Let me remind everyone we were once capped at Default or Less..

Now I can do things like MORE RockJaw Shark, LESS Seastacks, MORE Insanity Monsters, MORE Angry Bee Biomes, Spiders, Shattered Spiders, Saladmander etc..

And while the game is literally unplayable at the moment, I’m sure Klei will iron out the bugs in the new update that lets ME make my game Easier or Harder now.

On 3/11/2021 at 4:44 PM, Chesmu said:

Starting Items

This is the first in-direct hand-holding and tutorial represented by the game, as it suggests the player they need these certain items at a certain time.

The problem is, one of the game's original failures, therefore original fun is dying by the darkness and then realizing how to survive it, and that is part of the game's experience removed by this update! The player is immune to failure at spawn, immune to not having a pick-axe, and simply immune to having fun failing.

Even as a casual gamer (I play a lot of Idlers and life sims) I really like not having my hand held by the games, especially supposedly hostile-lored mystery games; That is why I figured out you can survive at darkness by jumping from Firefly lights to others, and if you can't find Flints, maybe explore a bit? (Is that an option?) and maybe use the Wormhole to suddenly find a rocky biome and feel good!

Starting items were always a thing. Wigfrid starts with meat, armor, and a weapon. Maxwell starts with nightmare fuel. Wickerbottom starts with papyrus. Etc.

The items given from the recent update are as minimal as it gets. And it can even be removed in world settings. 

As has been pointed out by others, what do you learn when you join a server late and everything is picked clean?

Action and Cooking Queue

This is the game's first in-direct response to a massively received yet unjust complaint: "Repetitive, boring"! The action queue indicates that indeed collecting items in DST is a chore, and you better do it by automated means!

I always enjoy collecting items one by one (knowing how many you need is a time management skill.) and listening to ambient and other music of the game while doing so, and it is the raw feeling of being trapped in a wilderness, if you remove that, you remove a special essence of player's experience. (Same goes for the Cooking.)

The “actionque” is only for things like spam clicking. Spam clicking “craft” or “cook” is not an enjoyable playing experience. Klei purposely didn’t design this to work for things like collecting grass.

I don’t see how this relates to your main point but whatever. It will cause some confusion, but we’ll get used to it quickly. It’s good to have the feature. And it would be very strange if multiple players can meddle through iceboxes at the same time but not chests.

The whole point of the latest update was to create options so people can play how they wanna play.

Archived