You can automate when the generators release the HEPs.  Not sure on the capacity of them and the collider, but both seem capable of holding a fair chunk so far.   You could just automate the generator to top off the collider at night when the dupes that'd go into that room are asleep.   

Or ghetto manual version, control the release with a switch.  Top off collider as needed. 

Not firing through glass makes this problematic.

Other than germ warfare, what kills the radioactive contaminants?

I think they need a wall-tile redirector in that case, so that vacuumed tube systems have an end point - either that or raise the input port by one tile, that would also help.

You would think there would be EM conduit for these but I guess we get more directional freedom with the angles.

20 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Other than germ warfare, what kills the radioactive contaminants?

Your standard liquid reservoir & chlorine setup will do wonders with any "infestation", even radioactive contaminants... Treat it as any other bug to disinfect in-game. However:

I had experimented with pumping nuclear waste into liquid reservoirs and had promising results at first, but the stuff would not stay inside the reservoirs.

Glow juice is a rebel.

31 minutes ago, JRup said:

Your standard liquid reservoir & chlorine setup will do wonders with any "infestation", even radioactive contaminants...

I don't think chlorine has any effect currently in radioactive contaminants... It's the same 50% dead/cycle 

Spoiler

image.png.d2d88ab13736aea2bb6a0828adbab4a5.png  image.png.7c7aae95bb7521aa06cb3ed3f2358a1e.png  

8 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I don't think chlorine has any effect currently in radioactive contaminants... It's the same 50% dead/cycle 

I got carried away by the "Surrounded by 'anonymous material that wasn't named': 100% dead/cycle" message...
Seems even that is borked...

Hmm so perhaps the only option is dilution (a homeopathic approach) and crossing fingers for half life shenanigans.

For now, the only test that did work for me was burning rad contaminated petro in the generator. No funny stuff in PW or CO2 produced...

483600693_Noradpetro.thumb.png.04589536c6b4d9b1f4fb0bb3c88404b8.png

19 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:
57 minutes ago, JRup said:

Your standard liquid reservoir & chlorine setup will do wonders with any "infestation", even radioactive contaminants...

Hmm as long as it's still dying 50% / cycle in the reservoirs, you could use the same decontamination setup to kill it in reservoirs.  You don't even have to use a chlorine atmosphere!  You're just using dilution to speed things along.

14 minutes ago, JRup said:

Hmm so perhaps the only option is dilution (a homeopathic approach) and crossing fingers for half life shenanigans.

This might be an actual (the first?) instance of the homeopathic approach working.

22 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

The same as zombie spores then.

Not really, the radiation contamination "germs" actually disappeared and did not show up in either CO2 or PW from the generator... So for now, it's magic.

8 minutes ago, JRup said:

Not really, the radiation contamination "germs" actually disappeared and did not show up in either CO2 or PW from the generator... So for now, it's magic.

No.. I mean exactly like zombie spores :P (Didn't it work that way before DLC..?)

1367160334_zombiespores_.jpg.cf000ff1179ec8674211af246e60a841.jpg

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

No.. I mean exactly like zombie spores :P (Didn't it work that way before DLC..?)

It appears so... I got it mixed with the CO2 scrubber when gathering up that zombie contaminated gas ... Now that one is working "properly" You'll eventually even get polluted dirt with some extra spice added down the line.

887986633_Zombiecompost.thumb.png.49a5f9d69f47c857a851b6ee83905164.png

Some may call it malicious, but it would be "funny" if the contaminants were not discarded when burning bug-ridden petro...

8 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Perhaps they haven't got the corium transition working properly?

It is most likely so... Trying to freeze the liquid nuclear waste does have a funny thing happening: it rebounds from the -C back to its minimum temp as in the db.

9 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

Some disintegrated reservoirs would be interesting - maybe we can use it for ambient heating elements. lol.

Or, maybe, just maybe we're getting dedicated storage drums for that green j*mba... I'm all for some kind of machine that helps to "process" the waste into something useful, hopefully with HYEPs so that we can use these ping pong setups beyond just research.

Looks like you need to name your dupes Victim 1, 2, 3 have them afk at base until they can research and allow only them in "totally safe" research area for experiments. If you run out of researchers just print more.

Archived