Tip for farming spiders with Traps very quickly

1) Make a ring of loads of spider dens

2)Fill the center with loads of traps

3)When you go to pick up a trap, fill each slot in your inventory with one monster meat/silk/spider gland. Then equip something in your mouse/hand slot.

When you press spacebar to pick up a trap, you will receive the loot from the dead spider, and the trap will not go into your inventory, but reset itself. You can do this to very quickly run around resetting the traps for your spider farm.

I'm sure many others have better ways of farming spiders, but this is mine :)

7 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Problem is if you have a bunch of traps piled up, one spider might trigger, and therefore degrade multiple traps at once, while only "filling" one trap.

Yep, defo a problem! But you can press space bar on the traps that failed to fix and thatll put them upright. Not sure if it costs durability though... i should test that

3 hours ago, I Heart Popcorn said:

This works well for frog rain, too.  But you need a LOT of traps.

Will run to my spider farm next time frog rain hits! Yeah lots of traps is expensive but worth the exchange rate of grass + sticks for spider loot

I like to use one trap for the Spider Warrior and bait out 3 spiders at a time during the day until the last one in the pod is the Warrior itself. With good practice, one could easily do it without taking any damage. This seems like it would drive me anxious if I tried to do it.

16 hours ago, dankweeddave said:

Yep, defo a problem! But you can press space bar on the traps that failed to fix and thatll put them upright. Not sure if it costs durability though... i should test that

Trap will degrade when it's activated even if it didn't caught anything, so you'd better put enough space between traps.

5 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I like to use one trap for the Spider Warrior

Cost of 0.75 grass and 0.25 twigs equals 400 points of damage. It is sure efficient way to use traps.

I've personally found taking (3 stack) spider nests 1 at a time during the day is the way to go, that is if you are also killing the spider nest in the process. Webber actually isn't great for this because you have to attack the nest for the spiders to emerge, and obviously they all emerge at once in this case.

All you need is 3 traps at a time. Simply walk into the webbed turf, 3 spiders will emerge, drop one trap more or less half way between the nest and the edge of the webbed turf, drop the next trap about a trap and a halfs length away from the first trap, and do the same with the third trap (moving away from the nest of course).

Do this 3 times to clear out the 3 waves of 3 spiders, then run all the way to the nest, drop the 3 traps in a horizontal line (in relation to your retreat direction) right by the nest. Hit the nest and immediately retreat. The spider warrior will spawn and give chase, getting trapped in the process. 

If you hesitate to retreat even a little, the warrior will jump attack and more than likely avoid the traps.

From here just kill the nest with pretty much anything, from weapons to tools. I think it's 38-40 hits with an axe, pickaxe, or shovel. Far fewer hits if using a weapon (obviously).

It is way more efficient than it sounds when typed out, and you can take a full 3 stack nest down in like 20 to 30 seconds, while never having to worry about more than 3 spiders at a time. You are guaranteed a minimum of 6 (7?) web per nest (usually at least 9/10) plus all the other loot which isn't nearly as important (to me at least). If you've been farming and relocating 3 stack nests you can clear 6 to 8 or so in a long day no problem.

Edit: Bunny Hutch method is always good, but I personally only like to do this with at least 6 spider nests, therefore requiring quite a few Bunny Hutches, so for me this is more of a late game strategy.

23 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

1. use webber 
2. gib one meat u started with to one spoder 
3. fake hit another spoder 
4. gang fight started 
5. hold space bar for loot 
-profit- 

1. use wendy

2. right click on flower

20 hours ago, kuroite said:

1- Buld multiple Rabbit Hutch

2- Put spider den in the middle of them 

3- ???

4- Profit !

This works for silk, spider glands, and potentially carrots/rot, but the spiders are likely to eat the meat that drops.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:46 AM, dankweeddave said:

1) Make a ring of loads of spider dens

2)Fill the center with loads of traps

3)When you go to pick up a trap, fill each slot in your inventory with one monster meat/silk/spider gland. Then equip something in your mouse/hand slot.

When you press spacebar to pick up a trap, you will receive the loot from the dead spider, and the trap will not go into your inventory, but reset itself. You can do this to very quickly run around resetting the traps for your spider farm.

I'm sure many others have better ways of farming spiders, but this is mine :)

I just use a mod to keep the traps set on the ground

Archived