The Spacefarer Module Show-Thread

I thought it would be nice to make a Thread where People can show their Spacefarer Modules. Perhaps the module is self-sustainable, really pretty or just over-the-top decadent. I would love to see some interior Pictures from your priced rockets!

I used the destructable Window-Exploit, which is (literally) the easy way out. Modules that only work with the limited Space are the real challenge and way more impressive of course.

My own Rocket is called the 'King Midas MK IV'. After some Dupes died on a Trip because they were overly stressed and tore the rocket apart from the inside, I decided to create the ultimate Travel-Experience for my Colonists. No more stressed out Trips in soiled space suits! 

s1.thumb.jpg.1924bb29c7f9ce34fc2109d1576be03d.jpg

The Rocket is designed for Three Dupes. A pip is the official Mascot. With 40k litres of Water and 500k Calories of vacuum-stored Barbeque on Board, the dupes will safely reach their destination. The Aquatuner Cooling Loop keeps the Module on a nice 18° at all times. The Electricity is supplied by 4 Solarpanels. An atmosuit-Setup can be activated to explore hostile planets. There is a cooking station and a bristleberry farm with enough plants to feed the 3 dupes until the water runs out, just in case. Every System in the module can be activated/deactivated via automation wires.

s2.thumb.jpg.343d9db3e4cb288c10f1c26c7dc652b3.jpg

s3.thumb.jpg.6b2af384420b22edf868676bd9dbffbf.jpg

image.png.9bd0848cc274f87b748ac1e85b9bf854.png

10 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

There is another Question: How did you manage to put that mesh door on the right of the original capsule? As of now, Rocket walls are no longer destructible. I guess, you use an older version? .

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I have a question... 

Does that telescope work? If it does .. How?

just tested it, and it does not work... please tell me why :D

the telescope in my previous rocket works flawlessly, and it is the same setup

dfdf.jpg

11 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

There is another Question: How did you manage to put that mesh door on the right of the original capsule? As of now, Rocket walls are no longer destructible. I guess, you use an older version? .

I have the no earthly resin update. You destroy the window by building something over it 

Obligatory "Long time lurker, first time poster" :cheerful:

While trying to stay inside the module I've come up with the following and I would love to hear your feedback.

This design is made for 1 or 2 dupes. Once I want to colonize planets/moonlets that are 6 tiles away I believe have to go with 2 rockets with each a trailblazer module anyway. (This is on large petroleum engines)

To keep it brief:

- 3 room bonusses: Bedroom, latrine and mess hall. Bedroom can become barracks if you place 2 cots.
- Algae for oxygen but you could as well stack oxylite in the bin and re-use the regained space to create a liquid lock around your refrigerator
- Most of the items built are either made of gold for granite to maximum decor bonusses
- Apart for the bottom left corner there's a 120 decor score over the rest of the module. That should result in a +12 morale bonus.
- The ventilation pipes that snake over the module allow you to trap carbon dioxide and safely collect it by emptying the pipes manually.
- I don't power my refrigerator as I use berry sludge and that doesn't rot

Possible changes:
- I might alter the distribution of the pipes so that there's a bit more "stock" of oxygen
- I wish there was a way to configure a specific amount of resources you want to have in a storage bin as that would make it easier, the first time you prepare this module you have to keep an eye on what's brought in.

20210223232036_1.jpg

20210223232054_1.jpg

20210223232057_1.jpg

20210223232103_1.jpg

20210223232537_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Artouiros said:

- The ventilation pipes that snake over the module allow you to trap carbon dioxide and safely collect it by emptying the pipes manually.

Nice design!

Instead of a closed vent, you can end your CO2 pipe at a bridge w/o the green end connected as a back-stop.  

Also, one extra advantage to switching to Oxylite for oxygen is you can use it to help with heat management.  For my rockets I chill the Oxylite to well below freezing and use it as a heat-sink.

2 hours ago, Artouiros said:

While trying to stay inside the module I've come up with the following and I would love to hear your feedback.

This is a nice design.  One suggestion would be to remove the deodorizer and put the vent in it's place.  This opens up a wall spot to place a water outlet port from which you can hook up a proper lavatory (which obviates the need for the deodorizer too).  I'm attaching a piping diagram for a similar build that leaves piping room for fresh water and waste water.

Also, if you want to use atmosuits and want to put the docks in the rocket cabin (which I highly recommend) you can shift the layout around slightly to fit them in. I've optimizing for functionality with this design, not decor, so the decor can easily be improved for even more morale.

plumbing.jpg

cabin.jpg

Here is my 2 dupe luxury habitation.  Requires a gas cargo module full of oxygen and a small liquid cargo module 3/4 filled with water.

68289AF295ABD8548AD8A405428802462BDAE7AC

The two pipe sensors prevent the cargo outlets from running all the time to prevent heat generation.  The skimmer will tick once every 500g CO2 it collects.  The outlets have built in filters so mixing the polluted water with clean is fine.  3 room bonuses and over 120 decor on the top floor.

This of course can be modified in a few ways:

• remove the small liquid cargo tank module, skimmer, pipe outlet, sink, toilet... add outhouse, hand sanitizer, small gas pump & sensor
  • remove the small liquid cargo tank module, atmo checkpoint & dock... add liquid reservior, liquid filter (heats a lot but shouldn't run much)
  • could remove add a conveyor dispensor above the fridge for various solids

@Artouiros I tweaked your design a bit for my long-trip rocket.  By switching out to Oxylite for both O2 and CO2 deletion, I was able to rip out all the ventilation hardware.  After that, rotating the airlock 90d got me to 32 tiles to convert the lower floor (with the addition of an unlit, zero-resources-required Beach Chair) into a Great Hall.  Pilots spend a bunch of time idle anyway, so the Chair isn't the problem it can be in a base.  Using Oxylite for CO2 deletion does mean Popped Eardrums can happen, but the Great Hall and the Beach Chair more than make up for it.

Rocket.jpg

Far right bin is for Oxylite, next one over is Sand, Dirt and Table Salt, one by the door is for cargo.

image.thumb.png.186dcb5a6db32c9cdb835b24990667ee.png

This is the design for my colonizer/researcher rocket. It has no bed, but it has plumbing, in-flight filtration system, atmo docks, and a telescope. You can replace the battery with the bed if you have a battery module. It has a storage container and a conveyer loader that just dumps everything to the ground if you want to cheese. You can also replace the atmo docks with an orbital microlab.

Note: There's no filter to the mini-pump, so sometimes the atmo dock will break. In that case, just let the dupe repair it. Not like they are doing anything else. Realistically speaking, though, as long as the pdirt from the water sieve is properly disposed of, there shouldn't be any problems.

image.thumb.png.03bd99c957cbd4a223be904e91aa728d.png

The piping is just a spaghetti monster to cache a bunch of water. If it gets clogged you can use the plumbing tool to get rid of some water.

image.thumb.png.3faaad1c488f579447d7e68423f9a449.png

This is the design for my cargo rocket. It has enough room for two beds, a self-sustaining plumbing system(as long as you have sand), and an automatic loader to load sand or stack infinite solid cargo in one spot. The hydroponic farm is connected to the plumbing system with clean water, so you can put an oxyfern there to get rid of the carbon dioxide.

image.thumb.png.b1ab064fbbbe6a051de2e9a6c11d1b4f.png

image.thumb.png.fe1cbc493b9ad1d70a1a0abc1b0c9fad.png

P.S. In case you ran out of sand while in-flight, deconstruct the water sieve and everything above it, and you have enough room for a rock crusher.

4 minutes ago, Sigmok said:

The early solo research rocket

20210307060947_1.thumb.jpg.f77766070a7b57139ca31cf57a29da7d.jpg

To be honest, the three ladders seems like a waste of space. It could've easily been one tile with another building, and the dupe can still reach the top research station.

Archived