Shadow hands, the Yokai of the constant?

It may seem like an inconspicuous topic, but what if they are an untapped potential to our survivors?

Ill try to avoid talking about the real world lore behind Yokai and instead refer to the video game versions; where I am more knowledgeable. Yokai can be spirits, demons or other paranormal phenomena that can bind themselves to objets and bring them life. I am not making a direct correlation and assuming shadow hands are spirits, or the sort, but it is the closest example to make my case.

I was under the impression for the longest time that these hands belonged to charlie. When on low sanity we see all of these peering eyes and the whispers that follow. What if these hands belong to a multitude of beings hiding in the dark(survivors that gave in to the madness?) Or has the darkness in the constant itself gained sentients due to the large influx of magic? Is it them?

We see time and time again, how these shadow hands (or beings in the case of wavy jones and the grue) can manifest themselves onto objects in the constant.  They hide under tables and dress us, but what if we could harness the power that created them and make our own?  What if we could tame that shadow under the stagehand? What if the shadow atrium could bring a piece of the shadows to life?

What is everyone's opinion on the shadow hands?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Small sample of theorycrafting: 

Possessed Nightlight: One tile radius. The hand smothers any structures smoldering.

Ever just want a single structure out somewhere without having to worry about it combusting in summer; or crafting a whole  flingo just for that one science machine to open your gift?

Possessed chest: Will seek out items already placed inside. 

I play as wormwood so my beeboxes are nearby, as well as my pigmen. STINGERS, STINGERS EVERYWHERE. Maybe to Pick veggies?

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

They are Prometheus looking bastards who steal my beloved fire.

That's actually one of the reasons why thought of this idea. They can grab fire and it doesn't seem to hurt them. Mayne they can extinguish smoldering structures?

Might seem like a stupid idea but big sand box games have a way to lessen tedious repetition like harvesting crops. Minecraft has pistons, red stone, etc. Terraria has wires, actuators, etc. I don't think dst has any player controlled contraptions yet.

4 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

What if the eyes are the ancient civillization, that after being consumed by the nightmare fuel were forced to live in the darkness, and the hands are the ancient kings shown in the metheus murals

Could be.... Or at the very least the kings are the one with a more refined form like weavy jones. The other ones could be the servants? Like the one under the stagehand. Then would it make more sense to ensl- erm capture them? Or recruit them? 

It would also make a neat boss. Imagine dozens of hand emerging from the darkness trying to drag you away from a campfire. Some forming fist, pounding away at the ground you step on in an attempt to crush you.  If you win you get a "shard of darkness" that can be placed in a structure to form a hand. Every new moon they would appear again try to reclaim what is rightfully theirs. So its like your taking one of the kings servant and placing it under your control.

Archived