wheres 2021 roadmap

Just following up on this. 

Still working out some details, so we're going to have it next week. I jumped the gun on that a bit. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, wons said:

i literally made the same post on this forum, joew responed, he said that the roadmap should appear this week, but i can wait even extra week if it's needed

I think you meant next week not *this* week, the comment regarding it is from an hour ago on your thread so.

5 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

I think you meant next week not *this* week, the comment regarding it is from an hour ago on your thread so.

I thought about saying something about that, but I saw that both of them were from an hour ago. I just decided not to say anything to him. But, I did make sure I brought up the next week thing.

13 minutes ago, Prajdo said:

And I'm pretty sure there'll be no Wilba.

When it comes to THIS Roadmap in particular: I’m wanting Klei to outline what they plan to and eventually WILL defiantly be doing.. I don’t want a vague “What we were doing were going to keep doing”

I want concrete information: I don’t need release dates, the stuff they reveal may not arrive in the game for years from now.. but what I want more then anything from Klei right now is for them to announce exciting stuff that will help ME more easily convince my own friends to buy and play the game.

You may be right- Wilba may never come to DST (sad day if true..) but this Roadmap should at least Detail shes never coming: So that the players wanting her to come to the game can stop holding onto the hope that she someday comes to the game.

Like I said without providing hard release dates, they can tell people like Me rather or not I’ll ever get to play as Walani in DST or if there is Indeed a Klei Official version of a “Harder Game Mode” in the works.

Letting us know if Cross-Play between consoles will ever be possible.

Or outlining the things they plan to do differently for DS/DST on the PS5/Xbox Series X/S that they weren’t capable of doing on the PS4/Xbox One: this should be a pretty big ordeal- because I want Klei to give me a REASON to want to buy a new console.

Just like I want them to give me concrete reliable information of what I can tell my friends that may persuade them into buying the game.

Oh and for Minespatchs sake: Nox & Curio Collector lore :lol:

TL:DR: Let me know if I need to go buy a new Xbox, if my girl Walani will ever be playable, if I’ll ever see Shipwrecked/Ham mobs or biomes in DST (really I just wanna know if I’ll ever have Palm Tree’s) and if I should try to convince some of my PC, Playstation and Nintendo friends to buy the game cause that bad boy is going Cross-Platform Compatibility baby Woooo!

THAT is the kind of stuff I expect from the 2021 roadmap: No release dates, no hard deadlines: Just hey we’re gonna do this at Some point so stay tuned!

2 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

I thought about saying something about that, but I saw that both of them were from an hour ago. I just decided not to say anything to him. But, I did make sure I brought up the next week thing.

my comment was earlier than joew's

5 hours ago, Zagreus said:

wilba

I'm sure we are not gonna get her. She don't have much about lore, she is not interesting. She feels like cheap copy of Woodie.

But you can use a workshop mod called "Hamlet Characters" that made by Hornet. It works same like how it's works on Hamlet.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1836974133&searchtext=hamlet+character

18 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I'm sure we are not gonna get her. She don't have much about lore, she is not interesting. She feels like cheap copy of Woodie.

I mean, the Woodie 2.0 part I can get. But not interesting? She is a treasure trove of Shakespeare references and groan-worthy puns. Seriously, almost every line that comes out of her mouth is a butchered quote from one of his plays. Also, she's the daughter of the Pig King, so that's gotta count for something, eh?

Spoiler

Friendly reminder about characters not in DST: You can not compare how they play Now to how Klei wants to rework them later.

Using Wilba as an example: Maybe she can come to DST, and she could trade items to pig king in exchange for Trinkets (think necklaces or rings or something) Wilba can now give these to Pigmen to prevent them from suffering Werecurse on full moon.

Or.. she can befriend those same Werecurse pigs when she’s werewolf herself.

There is a TON of potential to be had by looking at the characters they already have and.. making them more unique, more fun, more interesting.

(isn’t that kinda the point of the ongoing refreshes?)

And as a Console player without access to mods I can only see the characters in this game in one way: Each one is a character slot that Klei can offer me a vastly different way of playing and enjoying their game.

No other character BUT WENDY has their own personal version of the Divining Rod and a quest to find lost stuff for Pipspook, no other character but Willow can stand in a raging forest fire unharmed (Most my play time is solo so if I want a raging forest fire there WILL BE ONE it can help with many things.. but it’s not a playstyle I would recommend outside of Solo play.)

I guess my point is that each character is a chance for Klei to tell a story, to provide unique gameplay that’s tied to just that character, and to inject the game with lore (& quotes) that only that character can bring

Officially speaking: Don’t Starve Together is technically a sequel to DSA, and I personally would like to see them ALL in the game at some point.

(since this is most probably off-topic.. I am spoiler tagging it)

16 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I mean, the Woodie 2.0 part I can get. But not interesting? She is a treasure trove of Shakespeare references and groan-worthy puns. Seriously, almost every line that comes out of her mouth is a butchered quote from one of his plays. Also, she's the daughter of the Pig King, so that's gotta count for something, eh?

Sadly all of point you told us is about Hamlet world. It's ridiculous to having a character based like this. Btw those are my opinions, I don't want to offend anyone like her.

17 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Also, she's the daughter of the Pig King

Well, actually, that I wouldn't call a fact. Off topic reply, though

Spoiler

So Wilba doesn't point him out as father, but rather "Trader King" which is a rather weird thing to call your dad. Also, the Pig King isn't an actual king, his vignette says that the Pig King and his followers left their home (Hamlet, of course) long ago to rule freely. This means he was not a king originally, and therefore completely rules him out from a possible father to Wilba. I am very seriously thinking about pigs and their story cause they are literally everywhere. And Wilba's father is just one dilemma. (Also, Wilba's werecurse comes from her father, and the Pig King does not transform at all)

Archived