Ancient guardian

Hello my dear friends! I wanted to give you a suggestion about the ancient guardian It has become too easy to hit and that everyone clings to the pillar and hits it and it is very easy to catch its drops! In my opinion, if you remove or move the column and destroy its function, so that the character is also damaged when it clings to the column. This is just a suggestion Please tell me what is your think?!

32 minutes ago, Mark2020 said:

But Rock Lobsters are still the easiest way to defeat him.

Cheesing him with the pillar or in the graveyard doesnt take the time that might take finding loabstears and moving them to the arena (even with the teleport when unloaded trick) and is totally safe which is a shame for a mob called boss.

Using loabsters should be the easier way tho, for that they exisit

Yeah I agree with you about removing AG pillar (or the space behind it or whatever)
But I think, Klei needs to review and rework AG gameplay
May be a little stun when you lead him to a pillar with some earthquake that way? Plus a high amount of armor in other times that it's not stunned? Who knows, I just think may be players want something that make it different from rook except its high HP

On 1/22/2021 at 5:25 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Cheesing him with the pillar or in the graveyard doesnt take the time that might take finding loabstears and moving them to the arena (even with the teleport when unloaded trick) and is totally safe which is a shame for a mob called boss.

Using loabsters should be the easier way tho, for that they exisit

If klei ignore the comments of its fans (partner with Tencent)
Are you ready to work and support here and work to improve DST?

5 minutes ago, Sirpouya said:

If klei ignore the comments of its fans (partner with Tencent)
Are you ready to work and support here and work to improve DST?

can you let that topic here?

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/announcement/71-studio-announcement/

this is to talk about ancent guardian or atleast is what i guess when you opened it. Dont start to act like religious fanatics

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

can you let that topic here?

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/announcement/71-studio-announcement/

this is to talk about ancent guardian or atleast is what i guess when you opened it. Dont start to act like religious fanatics

I know this, but I'm a little colder than last night and I'm afraid of the future
Sorry I asked this question here my good friend!

Dear klei admins
We had some positive comments here about this (disabling the pillar to hit the ancient Guardian).
I hope this problem will be solved soon And killing an ancient guardian will be more difficult than killing a tree guard XD.

Thanks a lot

This boss was the easiest of all of the ones I attempted fighting- it’s just a big clockwork rook/Beefalo.. as in the only thing it does is charge at and try to headbut you.

It doesn’t oh I don’t know.. jump up and down causing the cave ceiling to collapse down like Antlion boulders.. 

AG kinda sucks...

And the EASIEST Way to beat it is Wigfrid+ a single perogi + fresh Hambat or Darksword, 1 Battle Helm, and a Marble Suit or Snurtle Shell Armor.

Just stand right in front of it tanking it till it is dead.

His horn doesn’t fire a laser beam that collapses the pillars around him down trapping the player in the fight for the long haul.. he’s just plain and simply- a bigger, higher health point Clockwork Rook.

I was expecting some “end-game” boss fight against it but in his current form: Spider Queens with their ability to spawn endless minions are more of a threat.

How about every defeat of AG would make him more..... nightmarish? As first time would be as usual, too easy etc, but every defeat (and respawn of ruins) would change him a bit, like once it could give him a different attack, another time instead of different attack he could destroy columns, and another time he could jump instead of charge...

9 hours ago, Notecja said:

How about every defeat of AG would make him more..... nightmarish? As first time would be as usual, too easy etc, but every defeat (and respawn of ruins) would change him a bit, like once it could give him a different attack, another time instead of different attack he could destroy columns, and another time he could jump instead of charge...

This is my favorite of the suggestions when it comes to changing the guardian.

Removing the column's collision box removes an option veterans have of dispatching the early game guardian.

This reminds me of the movie 300 where young Leonidas creeps into crevice and stabs the wolf with a spear. 

It makes some sense to be able to kill the guardian that way if you elected to.

Other players will refuse to abuse the column such as Glermz and will fight guardian fair.

However, having the option to just cheese him isn't the biggest problem in my book. Leonidas cheesed the wolf, why can't we?

But every defeat adding a layer of difficulty as Notecja suggested is actually pretty brilliant. guardian being able to jump over columns for instance after 1 kill and reset wouldn't be the most unreasonable course of action. I'm for this.

- If increasing difficulty means just eliminating the column collision and adding health with each kill and reset, i don't want it.

Archived