Can you still spawn on islands?

If I'm not mistaken that is a DS map gen, not a Together one. In DS it was an occurrence to have islands with wormhole connections and were making for fine small-base spots - case in point:

A3CBA125A6AFAEF097E8BACED581EE5ECE62B498

Meanwhile in my almost 9k DST play-hours never once have I seen such an island gen, except one time for caves, where a 5-tiles-area was separated from main land in a Stalagmite biome - a WorldGen error am sure. Still I would also desire we had small islands like above examples close to main Forest shard map-gen from time to time, perhaps KLei will consider this in future updates.

I've made a mod that allow you to do almost exactly that thing :

frame_dym.thumb.png.f6e9527a608768b3cd28ac5d06f1232b.png

You can separate biomes to make island randomly or pick a specific biome to detach it from the mainland, then you can configure wormholes to add one on it so you can hop between the island/s and back to the mainland.

Basically the only noticeable difference is the distance, previous "island" worldgen with wormholes was always close to the rest of the world, here with the mod, it's more distant cause the island are generated on a different region (like the Moon Island)

1 minute ago, ADM said:

I've made a mod that allow you to do almost exactly that thing :

frame_dym.thumb.png.f6e9527a608768b3cd28ac5d06f1232b.png

You can separate biomes to make island randomly or pick a specific biome to detach it from the mainland, then you can configure wormholes to add one on it so you can hop between the island/s and back to the mainland.

Basically the only noticeable difference is the distance, previous "island" worldgen with wormholes was always close to the rest of the world, here with the mod, it's more distant cause the island are generated on a different region (like the Moon Island)

PS4 so that won’t work thanks tho.

1 minute ago, Sybastion said:

PS4 so that won’t work thanks tho.

Aw... Well I remind of one world where I got actually some sort of island but it was kinda small and without wormhole, but at least I could get in with just a boat, but this is so uncommon (and obviously not intended) so I think you should not look for such thing. I've probably generated over a thousand of worlds with all the tests I'm doing on the game and getting something crazy is unbelievably rare. Sorry :(

We need these as world gen options:

Archipelago: Island-ish

Islands: Basic Islands

Pangea: One large land mass, no rivers or lakes

Caves only: Only caves (for people who can't run both servers at the same time)

Wormhole Islands: Islands connected by wormholes

Water World: All water, except for a tiny island you spawn on

44 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

i always wanted a pvp mode that spawns every player on one island

imagine invading the spawning island of other player with your boat and flee because he has more advanced gear than you xD

1 hour ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

aside from the last one(there wasnt a mod i could find for it and my knowledge of room size is limited) i've tried all of these and i wouldnt have a single issue with it

for sure though for pc players you can approximate the caves-only world with this;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2342076640&searchtext=

for sure before this you basically had to use prison island and too many items+ to make a caves world XD

4 minutes ago, gaymime said:

aside from the last one(there wasnt a mod i could find for it and my knowledge of room size is limited) i've tried all of these and i wouldnt have a single issue with it

for sure though for pc players you can approximate the caves-only world with this;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2342076640&searchtext=

for sure before this you basically had to use prison island and too many items+ to make a caves world XD

before you start a server you can use this command to get a caves only world

SERVER_LEVEL_LOCATIONS = {"cave", "forest"}

this basically just flips the caves and surface around.

1 hour ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

Ever since the boats came out I've thought it'd be cool to have 2 or 3 large landmasses instead of just 1 large landmass, but these are also some great ideas.

I just want a mode that reverses world Gen so my game is 95% Lunar.. and only 5% mainland.

in other words: the main land becomes the small islands that make up the new content we have currently- and that new content takes center stage as being THE Main land.. 

Oh and Archipelago world Gen but I’ve been saying that one for awhile now.

KLEI Why can I no has 95% Lunar map and only 5% regular map I’m so bored of? I love the newer content/biomes, but they’re just so small & leave me desiring more. :wilson_cry:

17 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If I'm not mistaken that is a DS map gen, not a Together one. In DS it was an occurrence to have islands with wormhole connections and were making for fine small-base spots - case in point:

A3CBA125A6AFAEF097E8BACED581EE5ECE62B498

Meanwhile in my almost 9k DST play-hours never once have I seen such an island gen, except one time for caves, where a 5-tiles-area was separated from main land in a Stalagmite biome - a WorldGen error am sure. Still I would also desire we had small islands like above examples close to main Forest shard map-gen from time to time, perhaps KLei will consider this in future updates.

I had a DST Island 4 years ago, it must be very rare or after possible world gen updates impossible.

Archived