Unpredictable Beefalo Mating Season

Maybe anyone have already known this, but this is very horrible.

Beefalo doesn't even mate in Spring, it also can mate in Winter or Autumn(Second). I have played many and many times and Beefalo often in heat in first Winter so that you are only able to kill them. (They also surprise and kill me when I want to shave their fur in first Winter night). Also, when I want to lead the hound into the beefalos in second Autumn, they are also unpredictably in heat and kill me instead. I can't accept that because this is unusual.

How come this happen? Or this is a new content?

A beefalo hat will make you safe against beefalo in heat. You can lure one away from the heard with grass then kill them one by one until you get a horn to make one. 

Beefalo are guaranteed to go into heat during the first day of the first winter, but their heat time is chaotic after that and can be different for each herd.

If you’re interested in alternatives you can use a bush hat and wait near a group of penguins, pig villages, or even teir 3 spider dens.

It's hard to keep track when the Beefs are gonna in heat. But remember this:

_Autumn and Winter: Sometimes they go in heat

_Spring: Always in heat

_Summer: afaik, they are never in heat.

During the first autumn they don't go in heat, so it' the best chance to get early Beefalo hat. When you wear Beefalo hat you can shave the beefs when they are sleeping during heat.

So, unless it's Summer, it's best to carry a Beefalo hat whenever you need to do business with them.

8 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

You can lure one away from the heard with grass then kill them one by one

You can also lure one away with violence. Every time they attempt an attack their interest in you resets so if you keep only letting one attempt attacks on you you can bring him away from the group.

It takes more effort and if you don't have speed boosts it can be a bit slower, but you save the precious 1 grass that you could never ever get back any other way.

10 hours ago, Mark2020 said:

Maybe anyone have already known this, but this is very horrible.

Beefalo doesn't even mate in Spring, it also can mate in Winter or Autumn(Second). I have played many and many times and Beefalo often in heat in first Winter so that you are only able to kill them. (They also surprise and kill me when I want to shave their fur in first Winter night). Also, when I want to lead the hound into the beefalos in second Autumn, they are also unpredictably in heat and kill me instead. I can't accept that because this is unusual.

How come this happen? Or this is a new content?

As recomendation, never run directly into the herd. You can run in circles until the hounds aggro them

Is to risky even when they dont have red ass, imagine the day changes and they suddenly become in heat. Insta death

so if a buffalo is in heat and is close to others it just kind of spreads so all of them are in heat and solo beef sometimes miss cycles so you can have a herd in heat and several singles that are not. i think perhaps that might contribute to the confusion? on worlds with lots of beefalo it happens a lot so i do see it plenty

Archived