Bunny hutches should cost less carrots

5 hours ago, Misuto said:

Correct, so you have to farm bunnymen twice as often, thus using twice as much time

Stone fruit was nerfed so it now bears fruit every 4 days, unlike previously it was only 1 day just like bunny men

In practice so far the nerf for stone fruit hasn't negatively affected me much. Usually I will go for stone fruit for the first autumn but this time I went for the second autumn because I wanted to try using farms instead.

To get to the point, I don't think it was ever necessary or viable to harvest stone fruit every day when you can be doing more things at your base or away from your base, and since stone bushes will automatically delete stone fruit, which wastes fertilizer. But more importantly, it would waste time.

starting bunny wars everyday would be a waste of time if you're solo but I haven't accounted for multiplayer yet.

The nerf for stone fruit was still necessary as if you did account for multiplayer, which is how DST is balanced in some cases and no nerf ever happened, it would be pretty powerful.

4 hours ago, sawchuk519 said:

breaking 2-3 bunny villages

with a deconstruction staff  and then using construction amulets to get two out of one, very pro player strategy

6 hours ago, sawchuk519 said:

little

I would say pigs stomp on bunnymen just cause of armor and weapons

This topic got far more intense than I thought it would.

I don't know how I feel about the bunny hutches costing less. Farming can still net you a lot of carrot pretty fast and multiplying the carrot this way can lead to double or triple the last yield depending on how well you tend and care for them.

6 minutes ago, stranger again said:

really?was it ever said that they were nerfed?because ive read all the patch notes and theres nothing saying that they were nerfed

(but im basically blind so i can easily be wrong)

Oh this is awkward image.png.04706a92034dd8d24b54d9ea5ac04b3a.png

I don't know why, I thought it was nerfed to four whole days I must have misread it somewhere. This is a huge misunderstanding my bad

image.png.41cf0e8bae77674bef3323dab59075d3.png

The beta in brackets is most likely what changed in the beta, this is all sourced from the wiki so it may not be accurate but I used ctrl+F on version history and I assume they just copy and paste the changelog

4 minutes ago, Seero said:

I don't know why, I thought it was nerfed to four whole days I must have misread it somewhere. This is a huge misunderstanding my bad

The beta in brackets is most likely what changed in the beta, this is all sourced from the wiki so it may not be accurate but I used ctrl+F on version history and I assume they just copy and paste the changelog

its completely alright.i make mistakes all the time.it ain't no biggie :wilson_smile:

hope you have a wonderful day or night wherever you are in the world

On 12/14/2020 at 6:29 AM, Misuto said:

Correct, so you have to farm bunnymen twice as often, thus using twice as much time to get as much meat from them as from pigs. You could take the time that you save and invest that into crops which will have a much higher return than a few carrots from bunnymen and thus net significantly more food. 

Given that time is the most valuable resource in the game, coupled with the fact that pig skin is far more useful than bunny puffs, pigmen are at a clear and overwhelming advantage, so thank you for agreeing with his point. :-D

---

To help hammer the point home, let's actually write out all the math over a 20 day period and see the differences here.

For this example, despite pig houses being cheaper and easier to multiply (given the carrot expense in the beta branch now), let's say that you have the same number of houses: 10.

Over this 20 day period, you'll be able to farm pigs 5 times, including one full moon harvest. So you'll have farmed 40 pigs and 10 werepigs. On average, this will provide you with  30 meat and 10 pig skins from the pigs and 20 meat and 10 pig skins from the werepigs for a grand total of 50 meat and 20 pigskins in a 20 day period. This only requires visiting the farm 5 times total, thus giving you well over 15 days and nights to do any other chores or to run other farms.

Over this same 20 day period, you'd be able to farm your bunnymen 20 times. So you'll have farmed 200 bunnymen. On average, this will provide 75 meat, 75 carrots, and 50 bunny puffs. This requires visiting the farm every single night and thus locking you into your base giving you very little time to run other farms, let alone actually leave your base.

If you want to save time and get the same amount of meat as the same sized pig farm (50 meat), you will need to run the farm 14 times, giving you a measly 6 free days compared to the 15 free days with the pig farm.

If you value carrots exactly as much as meat and simply want raw hunger values, you will still need to run your bunny farm 9 times to average the same food value, nearly twice as often and that is on the condition you actually value carrots as highly as you do meat.

I can confidently say that the carrots from bunnymen is near meaningless at this point given how cost effective, quick to set up, and profitable the new crop farming system is. A single whirlijig gives 4 tiles to farm on and allows 10 crops per tile. For that small price you could grow 40 carrots every 2-4 days on the current system, let's conservatively say that you harvest them only 5 times, this means you'd have 200 carrots from just a single set whirljig while putting near 0 effort into tending your crops as you shoot for just the second worst result (1 crop and 1 seed being very easy to hit with little to no care given to the crops). Thus the measly 75 you could get from bunnymen is insignificant and you have to work twice as hard to get the same amount of meat as pigmen. (That doesn't even take into account how awful carrots are to grow, you could get far more food in both autumn and winter using pumpkins/potatoes/garlic). 

In no way can beta power level bunny farms be compared to pig farms. They are twice as time consuming for the same meat result, and the other products it produces are far less valuable than the pig skins and time saved from a pig farm. 

The M in Misuto M stands for mathematician I'm told

On 12/15/2020 at 6:43 AM, Seero said:

I'm like 90% sure they definitely received a change, lately I've been breaking a stupid amount of stone fruit to try and amass the Sprouting Stone Fruits so I can plant a stupid amount across my mainland and I've been obtaining them a fair bit slower now (I still get a crazy amount from just like 12 or so plants in my base - enough veggies that most of them rot before I can use them). Definitely a fair change considering how great they still are.

On 12/14/2020 at 6:19 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

Why is everyone forgetting than bunnymen are much better warriors than the pigmen?

I think this nerf shifted the focus of bunnymen from a food source, to a very strong way to almost auto farm bee queen,  dragonfly, spiders, etc. It was always super good, but we just got used to it being too cheap. 

It also opens room to Wurt merms being a thing since when Wurt came out, the usual complain was “Why would I bother to build those when bunnymen are cheaper and I can do that with any free character”. Now it’s probably around the same time effort, but merms guards are stronger and re spawn faster, so overall she gets a better “army”.

I agree with this- Wurt as a character, her actual lore is to unite all of Merm-kind and make them stronger, smarter warriors.

Bunnymen should only have that power if some new playable Bunny Character comes to the game. But otherwise Wurts Merms SHOULD out power all other Army mentality mobs- (Yes Webber Mains even Webber and his Spiders, Because Spiders are Weak and should die easily, Merms should obviously be more powerful)

Now as far as reducing Carrots needing to craft bunny hut, 4-5 sounds like far too few.. but 10 sounds like too many: 8 sounds perfect in my opinion. You don’t want things to be too easy, or too tedious so a nice middle ground is what we should strive for.

I just liked having a bunny/spider farm, since they can fight themselves and usually if you have enough bunnies you reap the rewards without even having to check the bunnys. Bunnys will always win, or even just using the catapults every once in a while works too. I think think the nerf is a bit unfair, because, yeah I can grow carrots now to get a lot, but the world still grows wild carrots like crazy so I dont see the point on nerfing the carrot/meat yield from Bunnymen if the argument is just to make carrots now. Carrots from bunny men were quick and easy and would just be used to make more houses or like hoarded in bundled wrap anyways for other meals and stuff.. idk

7 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

I just liked having a bunny/spider farm, since they can fight themselves and usually if you have enough bunnies you reap the rewards without even having to check the bunnys. Bunnys will always win, or even just using the catapults every once in a while works too. I think think the nerf is a bit unfair, because, yeah I can grow carrots now to get a lot, but the world still grows wild carrots like crazy so I dont see the point on nerfing the carrot/meat yield from Bunnymen if the argument is just to make carrots now. Carrots from bunny men were quick and easy and would just be used to make more houses or like hoarded in bundled wrap anyways for other meals and stuff.. idk

3 drops for each mob that fight each other wasnt so balanced. Drops with a huge hunger value and the option of being pierogis

a veggie farm made by blood and without any players effort

Archived