Constantly Switching Between Worlds Sucks

On 12/12/2020 at 6:04 AM, babba said:

Displaying and playing multiple colonies at the same time could contradict and nil the efforts of Klei to make the game run faster

After some playtime with 3 different colonies reaching a stable food supply:

Not sure if it´s just my (overautomated) playstyle or intended, but I only visit my 2. planetoid after my first one is "running stable".

[And I mean could run overnight without me watching, stable.]

=> It feels like starting a new game to hop to a new planetoid, while my first one is just running to slow my game down without adding any additional fun to my game experience.

i think we need some plague or event that make the first world crippled or invaded by zombies spore'' or a radioactive disharge that makes the air super hot and toxic i dont know... they coulde force us to move then a the 4th one you get the giant map and the old rockets to send without ''you''

On 12/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, Gurgel said:

But with the new alert system, you should be able to just work on one asteroid for a time and look at the others only in case of emergencies.

Yeah, about that, this still needs some work. Dupes gasps for air, should not trigger the alarm. I get so many alarms from my second base, the visual circle brokes. This thing can get really big. :) Its hard to catch it, because of the pulse. 

What did i do? Well, i placed a whole lot of containers and set it to all in. So the dupes run around and carry stuff from overall the place. 

At this point, I'm not happy with the alarm. triggers way to often for mostly nonsense.  

7 hours ago, Baer said:

Yeah, about that, this still needs some work. Dupes gasps for air, should not trigger the alarm.

That you can switch off. The problem is that this is not persistent during save/reload. I expect this has been filed as a bug already.

8 hours ago, Gurgel said:

The problem is that this is not persistent during save/reload.

For me the settings presist through save/load. But you have to set it again for a new game. It`s also separate per planetoid which is a good thing.

Anyway breathability is an important thing and i`d rahter have it warn me about serious cases than produce false alerts 3 times per cycle.

I agree that this is annoying in it's current state. For me it's the alerts... On new asteroids there will be issues, so the alarms keeps triggering, that means I've gotten used to ignoring them, so when something bad happens I no longer realize.

This is probably something I could tune better myself, but if I haven't there are others who'll struggle as well. I think slight improvements in this area might help a lot.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:36 AM, Tsabo said:

I don't know what kinda galaxy-brain automation you run, but if I leave a colony unsupervised for like a day I guarantee at least one dupe death.

Then you are really bad at this game. I can VERY comfortably go out shopping and come back without anyone dying or any significant problems. On fast speed.

7 hours ago, hthought said:

Then you are really bad at this game. I can VERY comfortably go out shopping and come back without anyone dying or any significant problems. On fast speed.

As Antoine de Saint-Exupery would say, the perfect system is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

If you're operating with such massive redundancies that you can take away a shopping trip to no ill effect, then in fact I'm going to flip it on its head and say YOU'RE the one who's really bad at the game.

lol jk I don't even know how to farm slicksters

On 1/22/2021 at 4:03 AM, Tsabo said:

As Antoine de Saint-Exupery would say, the perfect system is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

If you're operating with such massive redundancies that you can take away a shopping trip to no ill effect, then in fact I'm going to flip it on its head and say YOU'RE the one who's really bad at the game.

lol jk I don't even know how to farm slicksters

What education, I am stunned. Bringing up one of the biggest minds humanity has encountered, lol. If this fairytale writing dude says so, then I concur.

Archived