[Experimental] - 444212

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Update week is here! We're on the home stretch now, so most of what's left will be fixes and final content pieces.

CARDS

• Add a default desc to Dark Intellect
  • Validate playability of flourish cards after selection. Fixes stuckness after choosing Rebuild if you have no targettable arguments.
  • Fix missing value on Survival Reflexes card text if you have a Defend-gain modifier.
  • Fix flourish not being drained when using a targeted flourish in negotiation
  • Fixed bug causing slight delays when call_in cards targeted enemies with counter or sentry
  • Added upgrades for Classic Smith 

GAMEPLAY

• add some missing dialog to side_smith_sponsorship_deal
  • Give out bonus mettle at the end of fights, through a player condition/modifier, for more clarity
  • Fixed bug where Kashio's clones did not disappear when hit by things like efficient disposal because of a OnPreResolve clause that shouldn't be necessary anymore
  • Fixed bug where the resolve mettle upgrade was being overwritten by the gamestate 
  • handler_spree_shake_down.lua now has a sit_mod in the negotiation to sell the relic and previews the money you will gain
  • sal_story_fsshcakes.lua now locks in the boss at the start of the quest (with back-up later to prevent breaking current saves)

UI

• nil-check encounter in ConversationScreen (Fade is called from BossPreviewScreen)
  • show your mettle / PP in the map tooltip for the mettle shop
  • added smith combat flavor
  • added flavor to rook's negotiation and flourishes
  • flavor for sal's flourishes and missing flavor cards
  • The "new outfit available" label wasn't taking into account that the new outfit might be locked
  • Added y offset for the Shroog's floaters so they are not offscreen
  • Fixed bug where Feats in the run history did not properly display when they were successful

MISC

• sweet moreef has a unique voice.

View full update

• GL Happy 8

• Developer
16 hours ago, minespatch said:

What????????????

Please investigate this crash. It happens a lot during Smith day 2.

I spent a chunk of time investigating and eventually found out it is due to a mod you have enabled and will happen if you enter PEARL_PARK.  If you disable your mods the issue will go away. @minespatch

• Thanks 2
  • Health 1

26 minutes ago, rooks said:

I spent a chunk of time investigating and eventually found out it is due to a mod you have enabled and will happen if you enter PEARL_PARK.  If you disable your mods the issue will go away. @minespatch

(Oh that's why. I was wondering whether it's my mod or whether it's the base game's problem. I can't really tell anything from the crash screen.)

(It seems that if you have a convo and never end it with a cxt:End or something like that, it causes the game to be very confused.)

(Also, if you disable democratic race, existing saves might not work because I also added closed jobs to several location defs, and the game doesn't like loading a non-existing job, even if no one works at that job.)

Edited by RageLeague

• Developer
3 hours ago, RageLeague said:

(Oh that's why. I was wondering whether it's my mod or whether it's the base game's problem. I can't really tell anything from the crash screen.)

(It seems that if you have a convo and never end it with a cxt:End or something like that, it causes the game to be very confused.)

(Also, if you disable democratic race, existing saves might not work because I also added closed jobs to several location defs, and the game doesn't like loading a non-existing job, even if no one works at that job.)

I'll update the game to handle non-existent WorkPositions without complaining.  Should be in next experimental.

• Thanks 4

9 hours ago, rooks said:

I noticed that the crash didn't happen when I played without using "quick start" with the debug tool. Thanks for the explanation.