Drying Racks suggestion

I think that after some updates we should end up with something like this:

There's an item that you can dry but it doesn't become food or a usable item. Something like 'water serpent scales" and then 'dried scales'

Then there's an item/structure that'd require that dried item.

I just think it'd be neat if drying racks could also be used as a way to obtain some needed crafting ingredients

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I think that after some updates we should end up with something like this:

There's an item that you can dry but it doesn't become food or a usable item. Something like 'water serpent scales" and then 'dried scales'

I just think it'd be neat if drying racks could also be used as a way to obtain some needed crafting ingredients

YES!!! God yes, Drying Rack rework! I think this would be a lovely thing to have, hang pigskin, let it dry.. turn to leather for crafting of uhm stuff.

Imagine football helmets actually needing leather instead of just one pigskin and rope- 

Klei wants to compete with Minecraft someday right? Well before Minecraft became what it is today it started out as something small & with simple features- many years later those features have become more complex and advanced-

If nothing else.. I would love to see Pigskins need to become dried leather to craft football helmet with under a harder difficulty mode.

Anyone who played Minecraft when it first started can tell you back then you only had like one crafting table and that’s it, Now there’s like 18 different types of tables that serve different purposes.

Theres a ton of potential in giving drying rack more uses- they could add a feature to where you can hang like say for example wet shirts/hats on it and light a campfire near to dry wet clothing.

These are the kinds of ideas that I would like to see suggested more often.. there’s so much potential with this!

They did that in hamlet. There's a type of faster walking cane you can get with a durability meter when you dry a stalk from a flytrap enemy like the piranha plants from mario and after you dry the stalk, you have a faster walking cane. 

It has been done before and can be done again. They did a lot of cool things in hamlet that can be taken into dst and drying racks for crafting has potential.

I'd probably rather having the drying rack produce usable tools and items rather than creating materials. 

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Well, now I’m just confused.. what good is drying something if it doesn’t become useable? 

On 12/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, Szczuku said:

On 12/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, QuartzBeam said:

Salt Crystals.

We already have the option to fill stuff with sea water. At least, the option to try. Maybe we could make a bucket, fill it with water, then hang the bucket and once the water evaporates, we're left with a Salt Crystal. :P

Klei please oh please, listen to QuartzBeam, He/She knows better! I want Drying racks to make salt, I don't care if it ends up expensive!

6 hours ago, Muzarello said:

He/She

if you don't know their gender call them with the words "they"or"them"

also klei please do listen to QuartzBeam.im begging you. 

On 12/7/2020 at 6:45 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Klei wants to compete with Minecraft someday right?

where on earth did they say that:lol:

Archived