What's Up With Spaghetti World Gen Lately??

Is anyone else noticing a lot of spidery, obnoxious maps being generated recently? Even after adjusting the loops/branches settings, almost every map looked like it was used as target practice. Why are so many water tiles in the middle of the land mass? None of them have resources or fish, all they do is obstruct building and spawn pengulls. I don't like revealing the whole map before starting a new game, but as a long term base builder, I feel like I have no choice because I can't stand maps like this and don't want to waste time.

Edit to add: apologies for the terrible image quality. Idk why my screenshots are always so dark, but I tried to make them brighter.

20201201020726_1_copy.jpg

x copy 2.jpg

copy.jpg

t 2 copy.jpg

20201130220533_1 copy.jpg

Not just lately, just "badluck" with roads between biome connections, I actually love when this happen, if only I had some screenshots of my old worlds... cause they looked more like Swiss cheese than anything else :D, try using this world shape to make separated rooms for farms and stuff, you loose space but it's easier to exploit it and decorate, imo...

30 minutes ago, ADM said:

Not just lately, just "badluck" with roads between biome connections, I actually love when this happen, if only I had some screenshots of my old worlds... cause they looked more like Swiss cheese than anything else :D, try using this world shape to make separated rooms for farms and stuff, you loose space but it's easier to exploit it and decorate, imo...

Not a bad idea. Going to have to try that as this kind of world gen has been throwing me for a loop.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:
6 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Now introducing Lakes! to Don't Starve Together.

The constant is suspiciously becoming a bit more Canadian :rolleyes:

If anybody legit gets a...(counts in her head) island in a lake in an island in a lake in an island, I'm outta here.  (Canada has the biggest one of those--speaking of weird world-gen!  Whoever's in charge of the map generation of "Outside" needs a bit more supervision, I think.  : P)  Also I'd totally put something on that island.  I don't know what, but something, to show that I did. Heh.

As for making the lakes useful...freshwater fishing, anybody?  :)

...Notorious

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

they're called rivers my dear

I am not your dear.

Rivers flow into oceans or other rivers. A body of water surrounded by land would be a lake, or a pond if you like. Good try though.

10 hours ago, Choosechee said:

There was another thread about this earlier. I think this started when the first RoT update came out.

You're right, I was able to find it. Thank you 

11 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Meh not bad but could be annoying. I usually get things like that in mosaic biome. It's would be cool if Klei put something interesting in it. (Like shipwrecked's lake)

Yea that'd be cool. I wouldn't be so bothered but while everyone is insisting this is normal and I just have terrible luck, 100% of the maps I generated in the last few days have looked like this, so yea it's getting a bit frustrating. Oh well, nothing I can do. :wilson_resigned:

Thanks for your reply, Happy Winter's Feast =) 

Archived