Return of Them idea

Just a quick post to share thought that I've had yesterday  

I've got an idea:
Lunar Treeguards - They could spawn in the same circuumstances as normal Treeguards and drop a new kind of "living log".

"Lunar Living Log" could be used in new recipes - new tools, armors, maybe weapons? It could open many possibilities!  

I want new Treeguards types for all tree types, not just lunar- i would like to see a Twiggy Tree Treeguard.

Just some Somewhat boss that punishes players for chopping too much of any particular tree type.

I would also like Palm Tree & Palm Tree Guardian, and a rework for trees altogether that has a chance to spawn a hostile or nuisance mob/item like Snake/Scorpion/Coconut head konk/Piko Squirrel. 

As for having Lunar Log Armor/Crafts.. it would have to be pretty OP, but Marble Armor is pretty cheap & pretty great now.

You’d have to have something better than Marble, and with Marble only costing 6 marble stone & a rope it is a highly effective best all use armor.

It is this armor, and a combination of Slurtle Shell Armor that effectively allowed me to Solo Dragonfly and Ancient Guardian without dodging their attacks, just stand right in front of them and keep pounding them with a Hambat/Dark Sword till they die over.

Then you run into the problem of if Lunar Armor was TOO Good.. Woodie would become even more useful for rushing Lunar and bringing that stuff back to base for everyone.

However... with as many skins that common weak spears have- I would absolutely love a way to upgrade those to be more useful.. and maybe a Lunar Treeguard could drop the ingredients needed for upgrading spears with?

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want new Treeguards types for all tree types, not just lunar- i would like to see a Twiggy Tree Treeguard.

Just some Somewhat boss that punishes players for chopping too much of any particular tree type.

I would also like Palm Tree & Palm Tree Guardian, and a rework for trees altogether that has a chance to spawn a hostile or nuisance mob/item like Snake/Scorpion/Coconut head konk/Piko Squirrel. 

As for having Lunar Log Armor/Crafts.. it would have to be pretty OP, but Marble Armor is pretty cheap & pretty great now.

You’d have to have something better than Marble, and with Marble only costing 6 marble stone & a rope it is a highly effective best all use armor.

It is this armor, and a combination of Slurtle Shell Armor that effectively allowed me to Solo Dragonfly and Ancient Guardian without dodging their attacks, just stand right in front of them and keep pounding them with a Hambat/Dark Sword till they die over.

Then you run into the problem of if Lunar Armor was TOO Good.. Woodie would become even more useful for rushing Lunar and bringing that stuff back to base for everyone.

However... with as many skins that common weak spears have- I would absolutely love a way to upgrade those to be more useful.. and maybe a Lunar Treeguard could drop the ingredients needed for upgrading spears with?

Yeah, this would make game a little bit more dangerous/interesting. More of lunar (maybe moon glass) gear would be great, it may be an alternative of ruins gear, because you know, thulecite gear is conneted to the shadow creatures. Klei may create an opposite of it with gestalts, (lunar) living logs and moon glass instead of nightmare fuel, living logs and thulecite. 

25 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah, this would make game a little bit more dangerous/interesting. More of lunar (maybe moon glass) gear would be great, it may be an alternative of ruins gear, because you know, thulecite gear is conneted to the shadow creatures. Klei may create an opposite of it with gestalts, (lunar) living logs and moon glass instead of nightmare fuel, living logs and thulecite. 

Archived