Amazing DLC, but Solar Panels are OP

A rare colony event could be that an Alien Spaceship is flying by and blocking the colony sunlight for 7-14 cycles...

image.thumb.png.2a57c4f287f849161a2036c741744f72.pngimage.png.970a5fa8d8da5024f7aeb62d63aef343.png

I wish we had a "Rimworld" button in the main menu, which we can activate for a new colony.

Its brings us special hardcore events and challenges for the ones which wish to have a thrilling experience.

image.thumb.png.200eea3cb9739676dcf1303f83264066.pngimage.png.0c7726f94f8526a2ad71c4f402efc079.png

In "Rimworld Mode" this ship comes by every 1000-3000 cycles with some hardcore terrifying gameplay challenges for the player ( special desease to counter, shattering all solar panels, superfreeze or megaheat event, colony defense with extermination of dupes and such ).

It could be a special hardcore DLC called "Dupe event Le Horizon".

9 hours ago, babba said:

image.thumb.png.2a57c4f287f849161a2036c741744f72.png

Now that would be a fun world trait.  Distant Sun:  Sunlight doesn't reach this asteroid.  Mechanically, solar panels are useless and maybe add a stress debuff to dupes working in unlit areas (at least for dupes with the new Nyctophobia trait).  Aesthetically, set lighting levels to what they are during nighttime.

It looks like this was addressed in the latest patch that was release today:

Warp portal POI's no longer have glass tiles. Reduced facility window mass to 25kg

Not really a big deal considering all it takes is dropping down a glass forge.

18 hours ago, beeric said:

I disagree. The starting biome should be an easy introduction to the game. You should land and have the ability to quickly and easily get a starting base running and fully self-sustaining. I'm finding lack of so many important resources on the starting rock makes it difficult to get a base going that you can leave alone. Remember, this game should appeal to novices and masters alike. Leave the starting biome easy and allow the game to ramp up difficulty as you travel to more hostile asteroids.

This is also the dlc.    If you want to make easy,  should be doing it in the base game.      Do people spend money on the base game and money on the dlc   for a starter experience? 

I like to build and forget it :D but that's just me.

On 12/4/2020 at 12:26 AM, beeric said:

Remember, this game should appeal to novices and masters alike. Leave the starting biome easy and allow the game to ramp up difficulty as you travel to more hostile asteroids.

And I remember seeing a Niobium map that had insane temperatures at the starting zone.. so what you say makes more sense. Maybe Klei actually wants it to be played like that.. easy at first.. very hard at end game. Well thought!

10 minutes ago, meepmoop said:

asteroid rains were scrapped from the DLC?

it would be difficult to test the rocket features if the landing pad was constantly getting blown up every meteor season, or if players were forced to bunker their rockets with steel.

Archived