My various QoL ideas for new content

I may edit more idea here as I think of more, but here's what I've gotten so far.

1- Carrot needs a new crockpot recipe or some crafting recipe. Reason is because Bunnymen are apparently getting nerfed hard, and so carrots don't feel worth farming unless you HAVE to to get the right nutrients for your field. Bunnymen had 200% carrot drop rate changed to something like 20-40% IDK, but it's low as heck. The only other plants that do not have their own crockpot recipe I think is Durian and Pomegranate, which makes sense because they generally give good stats when cooked, and pomegranate is just good cuz it's 1 fruit value is kinda rare for recipes like Fruit Medley/Glowberry Mousse whereas 1 vegetable value from the carrot is super super common.

2- There needs to be a SEED CONTAINER. Please add this. Much like the tackle box which contains lots of tackles, please make a seed container. A huge problem I've found when farming is that your fridge gets full INSTANTLY. you need like 5 fridges just to contain your seeds, vegetables, and fruits from farming, along with all other food you find outside farming. It's just going to take up way too much space, so a seed container feels very necessary.

3- Ruins Gardening hat vignette is way too intrusive. It should be not only more transparent, but a little smaller as well. I can't imagine playing with the vignette without the camera perspective mod. You really can't see much with it on.

3b - Gardening hat should give 20% rain protection like most other hats. It sounds like nothing... but really it's big. In spring you're going to want to not have this hat on unfortunately... The eyebrella cannot be used if you use the gardening hat, and a regular umbrella is only 90% protection. If the hat gave 20% protection, you could tend your garden and be perfectly protected by rain with just an umbrella.

4- Water cans can extinguish burning items, specifically your crops. This is really cool! You will likely leave your water cans near your crops, so they can be there to douse your crops. However... It only affects one burning item at a time. I think the dousing effect of the water can should be area of effect much like the water balloon/flingomatic/fire hose. Because if one crop is burning, it usually means they will all burn and a single target extinguisher usually is not enough.

4b- Crops should be immune to fire/smoldering if on wet soil.

5- Lord of Fly only drops 1 leafy meat!!!! When you kill it the first time it drops the friendly fruit fly fruit which is great. But if you kill it again... a 3000 HP miniboss who is particularly harder to kite than other mini bosses, it drops ONE leafy meat. This is totally useless for such a pest that it is. The little flies create lots of weeds, and 1 leafy meat reward for getting rid of all this is underwhelming. In terms of what it should drop, I definitely think it should drop 4-8 mosquito sacks. Reason why is because water balloons have a lot more usefulness with this update. Water balloons can moisturize soil, and can be used to douse fires on your field. There's also no way to get mosquito sacks in winter since swamp ponds freeze over, so this change would be awesome. If not mosquito sacks, then like 6 leafy meat, and maybe a few of each type of nutrient, or a new item - nutrient super booster, would suffice for the effort put into this fight.

6- Bring back instant farming. Pre-beta you can use manure on a crop to instantly grow it and get 1 vegetable. You should be able to do this in the new content. Here's how it could work - On beta, if you click on and drag fertilizer to a crop, it does nothing... it has no function anymore. Give it a function. If you click and drag fertilizer to a crop - instead of the soil - it will boost the seed's growth cycle! But crops that take manure from the soil for example could only be given manure to boost its growth cycle, and crops that only take formula from the soil can only take formula to boost it's growth cycle etc. etc. This would also be a fantastic addition because sometimes you grow crops near the end of a season, and they are scheduled to bloom at the beginning of the next season... where they are not happy. If you could boost the growth cycle, then you don't have to worry about growing crops too late in a season because you can boost the growth cycle before the next season starts. This idea is probably my biggest concern as someone who would like to play Warly in public servers and do other things rather than tend a farm for an in-game week just to get pepper/garlic spice or make his other great dishes. New mechanics feel like a big nerf to public servers in general, and people who rush things in general. It's a play style I enjoy very much.

7- I remember @ScottHansen talking about a new way to force rain ever since the Mosling bug was fixed. Now I think would be a good time to add that item since it can help grow crops! Maybe it can be a drop from the Lord of the Flies.

1 hour ago, Bird Up said:

Crops should be immune to fire/smoldering if on wet soil.

They are. Farm plants can neither smolder nor wither during summer. Though they will still burn if a fire spreads to them normally (except Dragon Fruit Vines, which are fireproof).

3 hours ago, Bird Up said:

There needs to be a SEED CONTAINER.

Spectackler Box  works pretty well for me, maybe add that the seeds spoils slowly inside the tackler boxes to make them wort it for farming too, and of course we can use all the seeds for fishing.
youseed..thumb.JPG.0b1c04b8701049dc814e8671b0e5a192.JPG

4 minutes ago, Memetan said:
Spectackler Box  works pretty well for me, maybe add that the seeds spoils slowly inside the tackler boxes to make them wort it for farming too, and of course we can use all the seeds for fishing.
youseed..thumb.JPG.0b1c04b8701049dc814e8671b0e5a192.JPG

Woah. tackle box works for seeds? that's pretty great.

I love the seed container idea, seems like a much needed thing with this new update. It could come in the form of either a grain storage structure or just a barrel/sack that can hold only seeds. Also the watering can should definitely be able to douse flames like you said, good ideas dude. Probably my favorite idea you had is the lord of the fruit flies dropping mosquito sacks, as this would allow for more watering potential and even health potions from the mad science machine.

25 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Watering cans should already be able to put out fires, if it's not working the please let us know

Yes, it's working. My suggestion was that it should work like waterballoons. Watering cans puts out one burning item - waterballoons puts out a group of burning items in an area.

To add as a suggestion for a QoL idea, I wish dug-up seeds could drop the seed back. Coding it to keep spoilage would probably be a hassle, but I don't think that would be necessary since people wouldn't bother doing that for a significant amount of seeds (since it'll take a lot of time and shovels). I was playing Wormwood today and I accidentally planted a seed on the wrong tile (one with no soil). I wanted to place a garden rigamajig there, but the planted seed didn't let me.

It'd also be a decent way of getting rid of dirt mounds, if someone wants to make their plot clean.

Archived