All listed here (except bugs) is based simply on my experience and the way i like to play, so don't take that like absolute truth. Be kind, drink water and cough in your elbow <3 

Bugs:

-Rover robot still running even with dead batteries (bug disappeared after restart)

-Lack of move command oh the rover robot (i assume it's a bug)

-Gubgrub body is white in the temperature overlay

Pros:

-Swamp biome look awesome

-Love mud/polluted mud concept

-Exploring new planets is fun

Issues:

-Mask station (but Klei already knows so...)

-Research needs to be harder on later tech

-No use for balm lily flowers (except the medicine): I like how klei made pacus eat excess seeds, so maybe another critter could do the same (maybe shine bugs since they are flyes... kind of..)

-No use for Ice-E-fan over tempshift plates

-Metal ore volcanoes: i like the slug critter and it's concept but i refuse to waste metal ores, the only non renewable resource, to tame them. But without considering slugs i still don't see any reason to not have ore volcanoes.

-Would like to see a slug breed eating refined metals

-I would like to see industrial process or critters involving mud/polluted mud as byproduct

-Despite being freacking cool i don't get why i should tame a gubgrub

-Mud would fit nicely in the sea biome

-Polluted mud would fit nicely in the slime biome

-The lack of a water source on the second planetoid is annoying if someone (like me) wants to make a self sufficent base on each planet before moving to another

Grubgrub Rub is the reason you'd want to tame a Grubgrub. I haven't yet figured out exactly how many plants a single Grubgrub can keep rubbed, but it's looking like less than 16. So you'll want multiple Grubgrubs per farm area, and you likely won't have enough wild ones. They also have a non-zero chance of laying a Sweetle egg. So you're not guaranteed to maintain the starting number of wild Grubgrubs.

9 hours ago, M4ndatory said:

-Rover robot still running even with dead batteries (bug disappeared after restart)

Are you sure? For me this is patched. Brothgar also commented on it on his stream (~"oh, their battery runs empty now").

My problem is that you can not recharge it and it also doesnt seem that you can deconstruct/reuse the robot when landing on the planet.

-Mask station (but Klei already knows so...)

Sigh.

-No use for balm lily flowers (except the medicine): I like how klei made pacus eat excess seeds, so maybe another critter could do the same (maybe shine bugs since they are flyes... kind of..)

Did you forget about Dreckos?!

-Metal ore volcanoes: i like the slug critter and it's concept but i refuse to waste metal ores, the only non renewable resource, to tame them. But without considering slugs i still don't see any reason to not have ore volcanoes.

We should simply be able to crush refined metal back into ores. There is no reason for having a one-way street there.

-Despite being freacking cool i don't get why i should tame a gubgrub

The longer you let it run in circles the longer its tail gets. It will become harder and harder filling the entire screen. Unless it bites its own tail.

-Mud would fit nicely in the sea biome

-Polluted mud would fit nicely in the slime biome

I'd rather see dirt + water slowly converting into mud as a general mechanic. Same goes for pDirt + water. pDirt + pwater and dirt and pWater.

-The lack of a water source on the second planetoid is annoying if someone (like me) wants to make a self sufficent base on each planet before moving to another

The second planet has a great water source: oil

You just need to get a oil cooker running.

My problem is the first planet spawning without _ANY_ vents, volcanos or brain inducing POIs...

7 hours ago, Idles said:

Grubgrub Rub is the reason you'd want to tame a Grubgrub. I haven't yet figured out exactly how many plants a single Grubgrub can keep rubbed, but it's looking like less than 16. So you'll want multiple Grubgrubs per farm area, and you likely won't have enough wild ones. They also have a non-zero chance of laying a Sweetle egg. So you're not guaranteed to maintain the starting number of wild Grubgrubs.

That does not seems a lot to me compared to the coal i get from hatches, fiber from drekos and so on..

Even shine bug seems like thery are gonna be more useful dying to feed the plant..

7 hours ago, blash365 said:

Are you sure? For me this is patched. Brothgar also commented on it on his stream (~"oh, their battery runs empty now").

My problem is that you can not recharge it and it also doesnt seem that you can deconstruct/reuse the robot when landing on the planet.

Sigh.

Did you forget about Dreckos?!

We should simply be able to crush refined metal back into ores. There is no reason for having a one-way street there.

The longer you let it run in circles the longer its tail gets. It will become harder and harder filling the entire screen. Unless it bites its own tail.

I'd rather see dirt + water slowly converting into mud as a general mechanic. Same goes for pDirt + water. pDirt + pwater and dirt and pWater.

The second planet has a great water source: oil

You just need to get a oil cooker running.

My problem is the first planet spawning without _ANY_ vents, volcanos or brain inducing POIs...

-The bot died after restarting the game and i never launched another one so i cant be sure but seems fixed.

-I don't mind not being able to recharge as long as i can put it in a pedestal (dunno if possible yet)

-Yeah i forgot about drekos

-That could be another way.... why not both?

-That seems more like a snake then a bug :/

-I like that

-I have no oil, i have 8 metal volcanos LOL. Probably is not guaranteed, and it should be

-The first map i had a cool slush geyser and a cool brine geyser :O

-I don't mind not being able to recharge as long as i can put it in a pedestal (dunno if possible yet)

That is a hilarious idea: WALL-E, you will live in our hearts forever!

-That could be another way.... why not both?

Well, i think it makes sense that volcanos give either only ore or only refined stuff. I would actually prefer them all to produce ores and then force you to run refineries again. At the current moment, you can just toss your refineries once you find a proper volcano. (at least for most of the refined metal needs)

-I have no oil, i have 8 metal volcanos LOL. Probably is not guaranteed, and it should be

There should be oil on the closest planet that you can reach by teleporters and warp devices.

-The first map i had a cool slush geyser and a cool brine geyser :O

Yes, so did a colleague of mine. But it seems there are some unlucky seeds.

17 hours ago, blash365 said:

I doubt it will ever happen, both because the looming presence of knowing that metal ores aren't renewable is wonderful gameplay wise and because I doubt a metal ore volcano make much sense physics wise. Also re-oreing metals might be possible, but it should go through the step of liquifying said metals (to make at least a little sense physics wise), and thus should be incredibly costly both in tech and ressources.

My two cents, for those who might care :)

19 hours ago, Idles said:

What? There like 20 sweeties and grubgrubs in the starting swamp biome.

1 hour ago, Joe Mucchiello said:

What? There like 20 sweeties and grubgrubs in the starting swamp biome.

You didnt get his point. His point is that you can easily control the number and place of your tame grubgrubs and ensure that every farm is sufficiently tended. Wild grubgrubs might already do most of the job, but are unreliable and force you into possibly undesireable locations for your farms.

15 hours ago, qda said:

I doubt it will ever happen, both because the looming presence of knowing that metal ores aren't renewable is wonderful gameplay wise and because I doubt a metal ore volcano make much sense physics wise. Also re-oreing metals might be possible, but it should go through the step of liquifying said metals (to make at least a little sense physics wise), and thus should be incredibly costly both in tech and ressources.

My two cents, for those who might care :)

To be honest volcanoes erupts lava wich is a hot mixture of minerals and ore so i don't get your physics point.

Second having ores instead of refined stuff keep open all the refinement process a player usually abandon after getting enough steel

2 hours ago, M4ndatory said:

To be honest volcanoes erupts lava wich is a hot mixture of minerals and ore so i don't get your physics point.

Second having ores instead of refined stuff keep open all the refinement process a player usually abandon after getting enough steel

Well volcanoes erupt liquid (at least in ONI). If you liquefy an ore, then you separate it into its components (this is smelting, although it might a bit more complicated irl). If you solidify them back, you won't get your starting ore, you'll get separated minerals, metals, etc. With this hypothesis, a volcano erupting liquid ore doesn't make sense.

However, this is more of an educated guess than a solid proof, and ONI has the freedom of tinkering with physics, so I might entirely be wrong !

2 hours ago, qda said:

Well volcanoes erupt liquid (at least in ONI). If you liquefy an ore, then you separate it into its components (this is smelting, although it might a bit more complicated irl). If you solidify them back, you won't get your starting ore, you'll get separated minerals, metals, etc. With this hypothesis, a volcano erupting liquid ore doesn't make sense.

However, this is more of an educated guess than a solid proof, and ONI has the freedom of tinkering with physics, so I might entirely be wrong !

That's how it normally happens in reality. But in reality you will actually separate the ore into refined metal and some other elements.

In ONI we dont have those waste elements at the moment.

Also some refined metals (alloys actually) require additional material (e.g. Steel in ONI (iron + x) or Bronce & Brass in reality (copper + x)). It would be awesome if these smelting processes could be brought to the world of oni. Both in the refinery building as well as in the physical interaction between tiles.

See my suggestion to convert water+dirt into mud (similar for polluted versions) for a comparable process for other elements.

5 hours ago, Artorias36 said:

We just need a machine that reverts refined ores into normal ores.

Have a process that converts refined iron into rust, which can then be processed into iron ore via the rust dioxidizer.

4 hours ago, MiniDeathStar said:

I think the easiest solution is to make refined metals also function as ores.

I've been wanting them to make this change for years.

There's a mod for the base game that does just that. Unfortunately it also breaks some asteroids like Badlands and Arboria which lack gold amalgam deposits. Since most refined metals give +50*C overheat temperature, gold amalgam becomes obsolete and you no longer have to salvage meteor showers if you want to pump some water from a geyser.

I don't think the DLC will have that problem, but we can't assume everybody will want to play the DLC. 

On 11/28/2020 at 5:06 PM, blash365 said:

You didnt get his point. His point is that you can easily control the number and place of your tame grubgrubs and ensure that every farm is sufficiently tended. Wild grubgrubs might already do most of the job, but are unreliable and force you into possibly undesireable locations for your farms.

You can freely move wild grubgrubs around and put them onto all of your farms for that +50% growth bonus.  Wild ones are far too powerful right now since they give large free boosts to your food growth.

15 hours ago, DarkMaster13 said:

You can freely move wild grubgrubs around and put them onto all of your farms for that +50% growth bonus.  Wild ones are far too powerful right now since they give large free boosts to your food growth.

Poor grubgrubs, soon they will go the way of the plug slugs.:(

Archived