Make ruins 100% deconstructable

5 hours ago, nonchalant86 said:

I would welcome the early plastic from deconstructing POI ladders, even if it was just enough to make germ sensors, let alone a steam turbine. 

It's a nice thing, but also arguably not such good design. For plastic it would work, but right now you get literally tons of glass. To the point where you don't really need a glass forge

OOOOOOH Yes! Big +1 to that!

Of course I assume that by "100%" you don't mean teleports and warpers or other usefull stuff

But yes, lockets, broken lights, vending machines and all other similar useless stuff should be deconstructable after inspection. I don't understand why this is still not a thing... I achieved engineering level allowing me to fly my candy-fueled rocket to another planet but I still don't know how to change a lightbulb... :(

It would be also nice if after deconstruction we would be able to construct them back if we wanted glass windows or chairs and computers back in our base for esthetic reasons. I don't even expect them to do anything other than being and looking nice

3 hours ago, pether said:

OOOOOOH Yes! Big +1 to that!

Of course I assume that by "100%" you don't mean teleports and warpers or other usefull stuff

But yes, lockets, broken lights, vending machines and all other similar useless stuff should be deconstructable after inspection. I don't understand why this is still not a thing... I achieved engineering level allowing me to fly my candy-fueled rocket to another planet but I still don't know how to change a lightbulb... :(

It would be also nice if after deconstruction we would be able to construct them back if we wanted glass windows or chairs and computers back in our base for esthetic reasons. I don't even expect them to do anything other than being and looking nice

Yes without the teleporters and such although... I wish we could deconstruct them and rebuild them by like have them drop a blueprint required to build such thing

17 minutes ago, TehPlayer14 said:

Yes without the teleporters and such although... I wish we could deconstruct them and rebuild them by like have them drop a blueprint required to build such thing

Have mixed thoughts about this.

On the one hand, I like how random spawn location of those encourages us for base planning, making each game unique and each base different.

On the other hand - I like the idea of building/moving AETNs, Neuro Vacillators and others.

So, maybe we should be able to move them, but only in the late game? Unlocked with high level space tech for example?

3 minutes ago, pether said:

Have mixed thoughts about this.

On the one hand, I like how random spawn location of those encourages us for base planning, making each game unique and each base different.

On the other hand - I like the idea of building/moving AETNs, Neuro Vacillators and others.

So, maybe we should be able to move them, but only in the late game? Unlocked with high level space tech for example?

Yeah I would accept that being late game only thing

I think a deconstruct for all ruin buildings would be nice. At least Light Fixture, Lobby Chairs and other "useless " stuff.

Moving AETN or all "special" buldings would be nice. Late game research?

I can't be the only one who restarts games because one item in in the way...

I was pretty annoyed at the fact that it requires reed fiber and plastic to build the carpet and beds I was deconstructing, yet removing them only gave sandstone and obsidian... but if it was a choice between not getting those next tier mats vs. not being able to remove them at all, yes I would hands down take just the ability to remove them. Please.

Generally AETNs, sure whatever, I'll work around. The same with the new special shipping and teleport buildings. It would be nice to move them but it also makes it interesting deciding how to build things. Those little broken lights and and the other random pieces of ruins that I can't break down? They don't inspire creativity, they just become bothersome.

I would like to be able to move the special buildings as well. Maybe make them drop some "uniques" like the AETN drops a AETN-Chip or something like that and than you can move it around - Maybe even to another asteroid! And I think it should be late game to be able to rebuild those special buildings.

16 minutes ago, _midnightrain_ said:

I would like to be able to move the special buildings as well. Maybe make them drop some "uniques" like the AETN drops a AETN-Chip or something like that and than you can move it around - Maybe even to another asteroid! And I think it should be late game to be able to rebuild those special buildings.

Perhaps reassembly is only possible with a Gravitas-Reassebler-Job after the Mechatronic.

Archived