Jump to content

Quick question about AETN in dlc


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, suicide commando said:

I believe this has already been the case before the DLC. Still as mentioned, being able to remove ruin bits like that would be a great QoL improvement.

 

yes everyone has been asking for a long time but I thought that only applied to the neutronium based objects, I didn't think the copper based ones weren't destroyable too. I had been playing with mods for a long time before this so I cant remember but don't feel like uninstalling the dlc just to test it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The AETN was always made from Iron, and it was repairable (it takes damage from overheating) and therefore also removable. 

And yes, its annoying when something prebuild blocks paths. So i installed a mod for this, that makes all them deconstructable. Some items are made of neutronium, and they just vanish then. But what matters is, they are gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

The AETN was always made from Iron, and it was repairable (it takes damage from overheating) and therefore also removable. 

And yes, its annoying when something prebuild blocks paths. So i installed a mod for this, that makes all them deconstructable. Some items are made of neutronium, and they just vanish then. But what matters is, they are gone.

I'm pretty sure the AETN did used to be made of neutronium and could not be deconstructed.  So were the ladders.  They switched them to iron/plastic some time ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YMS44 said:

The AETN being deconstructable was one of the very first things mentioned about it in the wiki back in 2017:

That's weird... I swear the first time I remember seeing one it was made out of neutronium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/24/2020 at 2:14 PM, 2tallyGr8 said:

So small, but they screw up my base layout.

I have to skip a ladder segment inside my base due to this.. my dupes constantly stop to stare at it for half a second (curse at it) and continue their path.. poor dupes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

doesn't the AETN use "refined neutronium" to function?

The AETN is currently built out of iron. I would have appreciated if they had built it out of copper (because copper shiny!). These can be deconstructed.

Neural vacillators are indeed made out of neutronium and cannot be deconstructed (without mods).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, JRup said:

The AETN is currently built out of iron. I would have appreciated if they had built it out of copper (because copper shiny!). These can be deconstructed.

Neural vacillators are indeed made out of neutronium and cannot be deconstructed (without mods).

i dont mean what they're literally made of...I mean that lore-wise, they use something that the duplicants would never be able to get their hands on...its kind of a miracle that dupes miraculously find vacillator batteries just...around in space. 

I'd like it if we could construct makeshift replicas (think porta pod) of the vacillator and maybe even the AETN..but not just the originals that you find around the map.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

but not just the originals that you find around the map.

That's why I kinda hinted at them being unlockables after "the great escape". Let's face it, an aquatuner pretty much kills any other cooling build so AETN's become novelties. Being able to build one would allow to incorporate them more casually.
The NV's just get in the way with more than one on the map, and instead there should be NV recharges in lockers to make exploring those actually worth it beyond finding some clothing items...

I like those fancy POI ladders and tiles too. I'll add them to my POI "unlockables" wishlist. (POI Ceiling lights as well, but fixed :D )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...