Self Resurrection?

Is there anyway i can log in as another player to resurrect my poor deceased primary player? Yes, yes. DST is meant to be hard, meant for perma-death, but we aren't all super players or playing at a convenient time with other folks, and we don't always have a handy touchstone or the means to build other methods of resurrection in the early game.

Thanks.

Just host endless mode so you can Respawn at the florid Postern.. Survival mode is for people actually wanting to be challenged with staying alive.

But even that mode has so many various ways of reviving that it just doesn’t feel that much like survival.

Now I have no room to speak- When playing alone I use the rollback feature all the time, when playing with other players I try not to rollback unless horrible things happen (like grieving or we all die repeatedly)

Alternatively if you want to skip becoming a ghost altogether- you can host Wilderness Mode: You spawn randomly on the map somewhere anytime you die, all revealed map progress is erased and you can select a different character to play them all if you like.

Unfortunately.. Wilderness mode is currently glitched on Xbox One version and I can not select it because it either jumps to Endless or back to Survival never letting me pick the middle Wilderness option.

5 hours ago, lemmethink said:

the means to build other methods of resurrection in the early game

Actually getting one or two life giving amulets is decently easy early in the game, and all you have to do is throw away all your morals and steal the rements of the deceased (dig up graves). When digging up a grave, there is a chance that there will be a life giving amulet, when you can then later haunt to be revived. You can also get red gems which can be refined into life giving amulets by a machine crafted from 6 silk, 4 rabbits, and 4 boards.

6 hours ago, Frashaw27 said:

Actually getting one or two life giving amulets is decently easy early in the game, and all you have to do is throw away all your morals and steal the rements of the deceased (dig up graves). When digging up a grave, there is a chance that there will be a life giving amulet, when you can then later haunt to be revived. You can also get red gems which can be refined into life giving amulets by a machine crafted from 6 silk, 4 rabbits, and 4 boards.

To add to this, Beardlords drop 2 beard hair when killed by a player with low sanity. This means you only need to hammer down 4 rabbit houses from the caves and place them separate from each other so they don't gang up on you when you kill the bunnymen/beardlords at low sanity to get the 4 beard hair needed to make Meat Effigies. A pierogi or two buttermuffins should heal you right back up.

People should just remember that if you kill beardlords via bunnywars, the beard hair won't drop if the low sanity character is not the one that deals the killing blow. Hammering 4 rabbit houses and rebuilding 2 of them near your base is the better alternative to catching a stupid amount of rabbits.

Also you can go down into caves to find rabbit houses as soon as you have a pickaxe, a hammer and some torches.

22 minutes ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

To add to this, Beardlords drop 2 beard hair when killed by a player with low sanity. This means you only need to hammer down 4 rabbit houses from the caves and place them separate from each other so they don't gang up on you when you kill the bunnymen/beardlords at low sanity to get the 4 beard hair needed to make Meat Effigies. A pierogi or two buttermuffins should heal you right back up.

People should just remember that if you kill beardlords via bunnywars, the beard hair won't drop if the low sanity character is not the one that deals the killing blow. Hammering 4 rabbit houses and rebuilding 2 of them near your base is the better alternative to catching a stupid amount of rabbits.

Also you can go down into caves to find rabbit houses as soon as you have a pickaxe, a hammer and some torches.

or even a more noob friendly way. Traps in rabbit holes and kill them when low sanity

i made a lot of meat effigies when i started playing DS in that way

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

or even a more noob friendly way. Traps in rabbit holes and kill them when low sanity

i made a lot of meat effigies when i started playing DS in that way

My only issue with it is that the beard hair is a 20% drop rate. I'd prefer to hammer the 4 bunnyhouses for a guaranteed 4 beard hair each night than catch 20 rabbits for a one-time chance to get 4. At least I'm not asking them to farm Shadow Splumonkeys for it :angel: 

11 minutes ago, ryvrdrgn14 said:

At least I'm not asking them to farm Shadow Splumonkeys for it :angel: 

There is a worse option than both rabbits and splumonkeys, there is Tumbleweed!

Beard hair has a 0.02% drop chance from a tumbleweed, equivalent to that of a green, orange or red gem! 

Archived