Liquid lock = sopping wet?

On 10/27/2020 at 4:00 PM, Neotuck said:

if a dupe runs out of breath and runs to the lock, what's to stop it from standing in the lock to catch it's breath and getting "soggy feet"?

@TheMule

It appears I was wrong

I made a 3 layer double water lock to keep in the heat of a pincha pepperplant greenhouse (the door in the middle is a vacuum)

When Nails ran out of air he didn't stop inside the water lock like I thought he would to catch his breath

20201029054442_1.thumb.jpg.17e1da4c7f22931be998abe0a87227d1.jpg20201029054455_1.thumb.jpg.afd70971032e40c3a6999f633ba3e462.jpg

2 hours ago, GoHereDoThis said:

Ah, can't get it until after space launch.  What's the next best thing?  Just the crude-petroleum-pH2O-H20?

don't forget brine and salt water

The pictures above are Water-Pwater-Salt water

7 minutes ago, angrybovine said:

I'm sure this may produce groans amongst some players, but if your Dupes are in atmosuits from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to bed, you'll never worry about soggy feet.

That's been done before, players are encouraged to try different playstyles to find what suits them best

On 10/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, Neotuck said:

still a good idea when using atmo suits

I usually rush suits, I think I've never build a 3-layer lock in survival.  I'm happy with the debuff as I wait for suits and I tend to use gas locks where possible, or single blob corner locks.

1 hour ago, TheMule said:

I usually rush suits, I think I've never build a 3-layer lock in survival.  I'm happy with the debuff as I wait for suits and I tend to use gas locks where possible, or single blob corner locks.

True, but like I said I was wrong about dupes stopping inside the 3 layer lock to catch their breath so it doesn't matter, I do like the idea of only needing 3 liquid types so I don't need to rush the oil biome 

On 10/30/2020 at 1:18 PM, Neotuck said:

The debuff alone doesn't bother me ether, but having dupes stop to shake water off their feet cuts down on commute time and can get annoying 

still the problem of double animation. They do it twice sometimes, still.

On 10/29/2020 at 5:48 AM, Neotuck said:

@TheMule

It appears I was wrong

I made a 3 layer double water lock to keep in the heat of a pincha pepperplant greenhouse (the door in the middle is a vacuum)

When Nails ran out of air he didn't stop inside the water lock like I thought he would to catch his breath

How would Nails catch his breath in a vacuum?

Archived