Possible QoL change for console

I know targeting in DST prioritizes the most threatening enemy near you when you’re using a controller which is pretty cool and works well, but it makes fighting the ancient fuelweaver an absolute nightmare and Ridiculously harder than it actually is. Since fuelweaver is considered the biggest threat, characters will always prioritize attacking him over the woven shadows, basically putting players in an endless loop of fighting his first phase. Feels like he’s impossible to beat without exploits. Can we get a change where you’ll always target a woven shadow even if you’re near fuelweaver?

Use wether pain (but that also doesn't work great on console) or better yet change character to Winona and build 2 catapults in each of 3 corners (4th one  is unusable) , they will deal with woven shadows and help with AF ...

The targeting is really annoying sometimes even with the lock system enable, to change between enemies is a real struggle if they are close together. What I like to see is to be able to hit any mob freely without the game focusing on what I should hit!

Can we make this thread about what we wish to be a QoL for the console? Am really curious about what you guys want and wish to change or added!

Let me start with few ideas;

- Quick Drop -

This is not a new thing for us, back in the Don't Starve, you can drop a single item by pressing R2 then select what item you want and press down on the D-Pad. Now you will drop the whole stack instead! 

We have to ways to drop full stack now! by pressing down directly or by the old way! It would be amazing if we have the old way back to DST!

- Hide HUD -

This might be a personal QoL for me, but after playing this game for a long time, I really wish to be able to hide the interface. Sometimes I like to take a screenshot of my base, but the HUD, especially the one that tells me what the X,O and triangle do! What if I stood still without moving for like 10-15 seconds, the game will hide all HUD?

- Geometric Placement -

Doesn't need to be elaborate, but the amount of how many destroyed Chest and Farms I did just because they are a little bit off or how many Pig-Rabbit houses hammered! the time that been wasted just to calm my OCD :[

It would be awesome if we have some sort of geometric placement or to auto-build next to the same identity.

5 hours ago, Mj- said:

It would be awesome if we have some sort of geometric placement or to auto-build next to the same identity.

Like you don't get red outline where you can't build, instead just green one to closest place you can.

Or you can press R3 just to adjust location where to put it without moving the carracter, decreeing thumbs stick sensibility during placement...

Honestly any way of improvement would be amazing...

***Quick drop***

I've just tried the FW fight again after a long time, it's absolutely impossible solo no matter the buffs, i'll always target FW instead of wooven shadows and unseen hands, weather pain is also unusable unless the target is near you.

Is there any way one can defeat him solo legit? Being Winona seems the only way.

1 hour ago, BeeClops said:

I've just tried the FW fight again after a long time, it's absolutely impossible solo no matter the buffs, i'll always target FW instead of wooven shadows and unseen hands, weather pain is also unusable unless the target is near you.

Is there any way one can defeat him solo legit? Being Winona seems the only way.

well there is the wendy method to defeating fuelweaver which if you want to know about it then check out the finale of don giani`s wendys journey series 

1 hour ago, stranger again said:

well there is the wendy method to defeating fuelweaver which if you want to know about it then check out the finale of don giani`s wendys journey series 

you're right, i forgot about Wendy; i did him solo on pc a while ago and it was pretty smooth, it might be the best bet for ps4 as you don't have to deal with wooden shadows so much

Just played through Hamlet this week and my God does single player need some targeting improvement on console. DST is a dream compared to DS with this. I'm sure they're moving past working on single player, but if Klei are going to tweak targetting on console again then I really hope they take another look at it in solo DS while they're at it. 

(At least add the target lock option or give Ro Bin lowest priority possible)

On 10/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, Mj- said:

- Hide HUD -

This might be a personal QoL for me, but after playing this game for a long time, I really wish to be able to hide the interface. Sometimes I like to take a screenshot of my base, but the HUD, especially the one that tells me what the X,O and triangle do! What if I stood still without moving for like 10-15 seconds, the game will hide all HUD?

so much yes! in addition to this, i wish we were able to zoom in/out. sometimes i want to take a screenshot of more or less than what i’m actually showing. right now the only way to achieve both zoom in and hide hud is to do the pose emote, but that’s not desirable for all situations.

I just want the cool stuff PC players have had and have been enjoying for years now to be added into the game in an official update- Nothing TOO Crazy..

A good example of this is the Random Weather Season and Random Season length, before Klei started doing the QoL updates- The only way to have this option was through PC Mods.. but now- Now you don’t even need a mod to hit the newly added Random button.

<3 That has probably been my favorite update next to Wendy’s.. It’s a small feature- yes and it’s not targeted at everyone.. but for those who DO enjoy it I am grateful Klei added it in there for people like Me.

But I don’t want to make any suggestions because I would rather see Klei’s version of stuff like for example

“Uncompromising Mode”

Not to discredit mod creators- But Klei has been making game content for many years, they have many game under their catalog- and I am 100% confident (through my experiences with DS Adventures, Shipwrecked & Hamlet) that Klei knows exactly what they’re doing when it comes to THEIR version of an Uncompromising Mode.. I don’t want a copy & paste of mods, I would like to see things done Klei’s way- if it’s done at all.

QoL notes for me, most are mentioned already:

- geo placement and zoom out. After a while the game is just base building, those would be major improvements. As Mj said, the amount of time i've spend hammering stuff to realign them it's crazy, and using chests with signs is such a struggle to get simetry. I am quite confident that this will be added to the game eventually.

- improve targetting. This is more complicated and i don't really expect it to get fixed, but i still hope. But at least make walls and chester extremely low priority or smh.

- improve teleporting/soul hopping. I think there are options, but i'm not sure how popular of an issue this is so i'm not expecting change soon either.

- minimap option

8 hours ago, BeeClops said:

QoL notes for me, most are mentioned already:

- geo placement and zoom out. After a while the game is just base building, those would be major improvements. As Mj said, the amount of time i've spend hammering stuff to realign them it's crazy, and using chests with signs is such a struggle to get simetry. I am quite confident that this will be added to the game eventually.

- improve targetting. This is more complicated and i don't really expect it to get fixed, but i still hope. But at least make walls and chester extremely low priority or smh.

- improve teleporting/soul hopping. I think there are options, but i'm not sure how popular of an issue this is so i'm not expecting change soon either.

- minimap option

I just want geo placement. All I do is build, so adding that to the game it would be a game changer.

- Chat -

I would love to be able to see the old chat log when I'm playing... Sometimes when you are fighting or between the up-world and cave, you will most certainly be missing what are your friends/randoms saying! So it would be really nice if we can at least preview the last 3-5 missing messages.

Archived