3 ways to get moon caller staves without statues

Hello everyone!

Today, I present to all of you 3 methods that i came up with to complete the Moon Event. I'm a bit lazy and I thought that creating a cage with statues or end tables to complete the event was either to long or was really ressource intensive. Another reason that pushed me to find a way to get the staff, was that i think the Iridescent Gem will have it's worth in a future RoT update. So i started testing out a bunch of different methods to see what could work for a solo player to complete the event. After alot of trials and errors, i ended up with these 3 methods. "The Lureplant method", "The ice-flingo method" and "The wall/bone method". Each of them are all unique in their own ways, are rather quick to set up and are quite efficient. Below you'll find a video showcasing the 3 methods. If you have any comments, ways any of these builds could have been improved or ideas you wanna share with everyone leave them down below, i'm really curious when it comes to weird and unique technique :3

Have an awesome day everyone!  

9 minutes ago, Minitte said:

If you leave the staff in the alter completing the event, does the event run again on the next full moon?

No the event won't run again! 

If you leave the staff in the Moon Stone or place a Moon Caller staff in it, it will offer you an infinite light source equivalent to a Polar dwarf star!

-Infinite light source of a screen wide

-Infinite sanity gain of 25/min when really close to the moon stone

-Will cool you down to the point of freezing

Note: you can at any point take off a staff and place it back in to have that effect. You can also place two scaled furnace on each side of the Moon Stone to create an area where you'll never suffer from any temperature problem in any season! 

PS_Messages_20200501_140034.thumb.jpg.94082ad7ee241db7ed112b2add844070.jpg

Hope that helps and if you have any other question im up to answer ^^

I have my own method I saw on YouTube I prefer. You use rocks the antlion drops in caves by going to your sinkhole closest to the alter during summer. Once a pile drops bring up one by one and form a circle around the alter of large rock . Takes about 10 to 12 to do , and a beefalo helps for transport depending on how close the caves are to the alter. But what I like about this method is its setup permanently once completed for multiple staff creations.

Takes a few days to complete depending on how good your timing is and world spawn luck

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

These do not really seem faster than the more conventional methods. Infact they seem far more lengthy and expensive.

Yeah, they're not faster/less expensive, but they exist and is a nice showcase as trivia. Obviously the Stone Walls + Fossils/Trees is the one to go for if aiming at maximum efficiency (cost/time-wise).

43 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Yeah, they're not faster/less expensive, but they exist and is a nice showcase as trivia. Obviously the Stone Walls + Fossils/Trees is the one to go for if aiming at maximum efficiency (cost/time-wise).

In the end, late game/mega base most players will use end tables, statues and/or fossil cause looks better or or more convenient with lazy deserter

Interesting video. But my favourite way to complete the event is the good ol' fashioned way: beat the crap out of anything that spawns before it has a chance to destroy the altar. A lot of stuff spawns, though, so you need several players unfortunately.

Archived