Bedroom Requirement?

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

It just means: "At least one comfy bed". The rest can be cots as I recall but not 100% certain on that point.

Also note that the bedroom only needs to be 4 tiles in one single tile. The rest can be 2 (or 3) tiles high.

Interesting. Will probably change my next base a bit.

16 hours ago, Saturnus said:

It just means: "At least one comfy bed". The rest can be cots as I recall but not 100% certain on that point.

Also note that the bedroom only needs to be 4 tiles in one single tile. The rest can be 2 (or 3) tiles high.

Nope, no cots.  The requirements are 1+ comfy bed, no cots, no industrial machines, 1+ decor items, 64 tiles max, at least 1 spot 4 tiles high.

4 hours ago, Urist McPilot said:

It's perfectly possible to fit 7 comfy beds into a single bedroom, planning the layout is just hard enough to be entertaining :)

7 beds in one room would be really odd looking.  It would have to be all 3 tiles high, except for 1 spot, and really wide as each bed needs 4 spaces.

Sure you could do it, but it just offends my aesthetics to do so :)

I use 4 high by 16 long.  64 tiles, 4 beds in each room.  But hey, each to their own :)

59 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

7 beds in one room would be really odd looking.  It would have to be all 3 tiles high, except for 1 spot, and really wide as each bed needs 4 spaces.

It is quite natural if you consider two floors, similar to this:

856136563_Screenshot2020-07-17at23_22_32.thumb.png.3aa2751bc69d8a3f5173019f36c41658.png

17 hours ago, Soulwind said:

Sure you could do it, but it just offends my aesthetics to do so :)

I consider empty tiles above beds a waste of space :) But you are right, 7 bed designs do not look good, and do not provide real benefits over 6 bed designs, which are easy to make without "waste of space" on 2 or 3 floors in a nice symmetric way (@suxkar's design is an excellent example, it's naturally extendable to 2x6 beds if you need it and have the space). Unfortunately they do not fit in if you follow a 4 tile high floor pattern.

The point of the 7 bed design is not aesthetics, but the little puzzle to solve :)

56 minutes ago, Urist McPilot said:

I consider empty tiles above beds a waste of space :) But you are right, 7 bed designs do not look good, and do not provide real benefits over 6 bed designs, which are easy to make without "waste of space" on 2 or 3 floors in a nice symmetric way (@suxkar's design is an excellent example, it's naturally extendable to 2x6 beds if you need it and have the space). Unfortunately they do not fit in if you follow a 4 tile high floor pattern.

The point of the 7 bed design is not aesthetics, but the little puzzle to solve :)

The design is @nessumo's :D

@suxkar, thnx for defending my credits :D I strongly recommend playing minibase, you will break from this dreadful 4x16 pattern. It will allow you to make many creative designs and achieve more in less space. Like in previous example - nature reserve mandatory for all sleeping dupes, which later was changed to produce natural bio lettuce - three in one! For aesthetics - 7 beds leave space almost exactly for the dining room:

903368553_Screenshot2020-09-18at12_00_40.thumb.png.67b44781207f7b1819b0776ec982f1f2.png

Be creative! :D

Archived