Someone know if there is a mod for shipwrecked boats?

Why? The ocean has nothing in it, the only thing to do there is to sail. Replacing the sailing with walking removes the point of the ocean, now it's just the mainland but the majority of it has nothing and you'll only scarcely find features like salt crystals.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

Why? The ocean has nothing in it, the only thing to do there is to sail. Replacing the sailing with walking removes the point of the ocean, now it's just the mainland but the majority of it has nothing and you'll only scarcely find features like salt crystals.

What?  Why would Shipwrecked boats turn the sailing into walking?  Really all they're asking for is different shaped/looking boats, that aren't cookies.  : P

So this:

heropose.png.e6a2c991018bafe119a779cdd0fa123f.png

or this:

sleepydogfish.png.120c8219cc6825ce458e1c1ffc7ec32a.png

instead of this:

boatname.png.c4d72829e1f8fa41dc4baef8f151b321.png

The picture of Wickerbottom on the raft was taken with (an early version of) Island Adventures, by the way.

...Notorious

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

What?  Why would Shipwrecked boats turn the sailing into walking?  Really all they're asking for is different shaped/looking boats, that aren't cookies.  : P

Shipwrecked boats are essentially just the same as walking on land, only extra mechanics I can think of is the acceleration and deceleration they have. Not to mention most if not all of the oceans dangers are designed for RoT boats.... pretty much none of the ocean dangers would affect SW boats.

I could see Shipwrecked Styled boats working in DST, but only if they keep the current boat rowing mechanics, perhaps in the form of a small rowboat, no structures allowed, but extremely mobile with each row. Replaces the "Shipwrecked water walking boats" at least.

I wasn't thinking about that--just in terms of making the boats LOOK different. Mechanics-wise I wasn't thinking about changing them, really.

...and why is it nowadays, that every time I see that somebody has quoted me on something, I click on it with trepidation?  I always feel like it's gonna be someone correcting me and making me feel stupid, or scolding me for forgetting something... :(

EDIT:  WAIT wait wait.  If we're _really_ talking Shipwrecked boats here, they're not exactly the same as walking!  They change speed (and get damaged or not) depending on the waves, and you can't build anything on a Shipwrecked boat... (well, okay, I guess you could count sails and shell armor, but I think of those more as "attachments".)

Also, you can't make ANY kind of fire on a Shipwrecked boat. This means you can't make a safe firepit to have light at night but it ALSO means that if you get stranded out in the middle of nowhere and start overheating during Volcano Season, you're...kinda boned.   You can't make an endo fire until you hit dry land!  And _is_ there even an Ice Packim?  I've never heard of it, so I don't know...  For light you can have a torch, but for cooling it's endo or nothin'.   Or a fridge to put your thermal stone in, but again: no building on the boat.

So...Shipwrecked boats being exactly the same as walking?  Not unless walking means not being able to cool yourself down, or that any open flame means very soon death...  Being on the surface of the ocean is WAY different from being on dry land.  You're more stranded.

I'm sorry, I'm sure I'm gonna get beeyotched out about this as well, but I'm tired of feeling stupid.  Most of the time these days if what I say gets ANY response at all, it's a quote not a like or potato cup or whatever, and said quote is _always_ used negatively.  It's just...really getting to me.

...Notorious

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

but for cooling it's endo or nothin

blue amulets works very well in ds single player, just equip them few seconds when overheat starts and equip you backpack or whatever again when it stops 

So...Shipwrecked boats being exactly the same as walking?

in terms of how the boat is managed, yes. DST boats have a more close to actual sailing mechanics meanwhile sw boats is just ASDW

snip

I'm confused if we're talking about DST or SW.

What do you need cooling on a SW boat for? Considering it's fairly easy to control them you can quickly go back to land to build an endo fire and cool down. I dont see why one would need to stay out at sea so long on an SW boat.

I think it would be very silly for Klei to add SW boats to DST where they have already established a whole new range of seafaring mechanics.

Anyhow, apologies if I've derailed the thread. There aren't any mods I'm aware of that add shipwrecked styled boats to DST other than Island Adventures of course, but that changes up your entire world. I think you could try asking the IA devs if they'd be happy or not to make a seperate mod that adds just the boats in.

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I'm sorry, I'm sure I'm gonna get beeyotched out about this as well, but I'm tired of feeling stupid.  Most of the time these days if what I say gets ANY response at all, it's a quote not a like or potato cup or whatever, and said quote is _always_ used negatively.  It's just...really getting to me.

...Notorious

I'm sorry to hear that, you're opinions are just as valid as anyone else's, Chaotica! Good point about the firepits, they provide such solace that sacrificing a portable firepit for extra mobility seems like a fair trade. 

I don't care why they want SW boats; there are lots of mods that change the balance of the game in a way I don't like, so I just don't use those mods and, if I especially dislike them, don't go to other people's servers that have them. I didn't see anybody suggesting that Klei should add SW boats to RoT, at least not in this thread.

Archived