Game not responding

Hi, I've ran into an issue where my game loses sound then freezes and stops responding, it does not actually crash out.  The issue appears to occur when my dupes are interacting with atmosuit  docks.  I am running a few mods (duplicants generations settings manager, planet balancer, deconstructable POI props and Geyser calculated average output tooltip) but even when I disable these it will still freeze, though I haven't tried a fresh game with no mods to see if the issue occurs.  Anyone have any ideas?

1 minute ago, Stoof said:

Hi, I've ran into an issue where my game loses sound then freezes and stops responding, it does not actually crash out.  The issue appears to occur when my dupes are interacting with atmosuit  docks.  I am running a few mods (duplicants generations settings manager, planet balancer, deconstructable POI props and Geyser calculated average output tooltip) but even when I disable these it will still freeze, though I haven't tried a fresh game with no mods to see if the issue occurs.  Anyone have any ideas?

The most common freeze in the game is the autosave.  Could this be what you are facing?

1 hour ago, Zarquan said:

The most common freeze in the game is the autosave.  Could this be what you are facing?

No, definitely not. The freeze happens just after a dupe interacts with an atmosuit dock and does not recover.

1 hour ago, Stoof said:

No, definitely not. The freeze happens just after a dupe interacts with an atmosuit dock and does not recover.

OK, just had to check the obvious.  I personally don't get freezes due to my atmosuit docks.  Is this consistent?  Perhaps you can upload a save where it happens?

If its the same thing every time, try deconstrucitng that thing and build a new one. Then check again. In rare conditions buildings cause an error somehow, and rebuilding them solves it. If it comes back again later, there may be some interfering with mods. 

If you provided a complete list of your mods, i dont see any that would cause obvious problems with atmo suits. 

But wait... thinking about it... i dont use the dupe settings manager. Maybe you´ve generated an incompatible set of traits, or an imbalanced value for a trait, that triggers when getting an atmosuit. Is it always the same dupe? Or does it trigger at every dupe?

If its this mod, it would persist when you disable mods, because dupe traits are not affected by removal of the generating mod. The stats are still there.

I have attached the save file where it is happening.  This is my 2nd game where it is happening and it always starts right after I construct the atmosuit docks.

I just did a bit of quick testing, I only use the mod to alter my initial 3 dupes to get 2 good diggers and a researcher, I don't use it for any printing pod dupes.  From a bit of testing it looks like any dupe can cause the freeze and it will happen when they remove their suit.  Sometimes it will not freeze and I can't figure out what makes this a little hit and miss but it can happen with either the 3 starting dupes or a printing pod dupe.

I guess I'll just start a new game with no mods, just hate rerolling my initially dupes a million times.

Cool Lab.sav

Should be something in your pc, I just loaded the savefile from before - had a suit delivered to the docks you built at the bottom of the base and queued some digging, dupe got in and out of suit like nobody's business... maybe the player.log file could help. I'm using some mods like you are so the game only complained for the missing ones and still loaded.

atsuits.png.b49e4f8a31eb24faff40fe1197780b6d.png

(I always blame the pc, lol)

3 hours ago, Stoof said:

Turns out this is still happening without mods, still when the dupes are removing exosuits. Thinking of just giving up which is a shame after all these years :-(

Sounds like a sound-driver or maybe DMA issue or the like. May also be hardware that slowly breaks. How old is your main board? Are the drivers and OS up to date? May also be some incompatibility, PC hardware is complex and the specs are a bit fuzzy in places.

Also, if it happens w/o mods, you can make a bug-report with a save where this happens and others here can try this out.

This has happened to me too. Audio would disappear and some time later the game would freeze. I play ONI via Steam on Gentoo Linux. It's been a while so I'm not sure if it was a game update, system update or new map but it hasn't happened in a while. Although my game froze a couple of nights ago while I still had sound.

Archived