I need Wx-78 data

Well, it's a robot. One of my favorite designs in the game with them soulless eyes. People will shout at you if you aren't using WX-78 to beg Wickerbottoms for overcharging + rushing ruins by day 3.

Oh, and most of his perks come from random occurrences, and the only time WX-78 really is able to max himself out is with the gears from the ruins. Unfortunately not much to do on the surface. Wondering why WX-78 or Webber weren't refreshed first, but their time will come. Still hyped for Wigfrid. 

I always tried to time my gear upgrades around needing health or sanity badly as it's a great booster.I always liked carrying a few gears as emergency food/health/sanity saviors . It's a superfood that never expires and without needing bundling wrap blueprint. Nice little perk imo . That and the fact he eats spoiled or worse  food while getting full benefits were my favorite aspects . 

I never played with a Wicker , so getting struck by lightning was hard to plan around and kind of a meh feature for me usually. 

It's pretty fun to get all tanky after maxing out stats too , but I swear your sanity goes down darn near as fast whether upgraded or not .

6 hours ago, themightyone said:

That and the fact he eats spoiled or worse  food while getting full benefits

I second this. Many neglect to mention his smaller (yet powerful) ability to eat foods at any stage of spoilage with no penalty associated with spoilage. For this reason, things like Bacon and Eggs (for its 20 day spoilage) and Butter Muffin (for its increased hunger bonus on WX-78) are amazing to eat and keep on him.

When a dish says you have 10 days before it spoils what it's really saying is you have 5 days before it goes stale and you lose some benefits. With WX-78 when a dish says you have 10 days, you have TEN DAYS. I do recommend using an Insulated Pack for maximum benefit if you wanted to go down that path of a nomad.

For a moment before opening the thread, the title "I need Wx-78 data" sounded to me like if OP was trying to build his own real WX78. But the actual post makes more sense.. yeah... no I'm not dissapointed, you are dissapointed, shut up...

Anyway, I spent at least 900 days mostly trapped alone in a public endless as WX and the perk I found using the most is his ability to eat almost entirely rotten food for full benefits. 

The gears perk is "okay" but feels a bit wasteful if you switch characters, although at some point in the game there really isn't anything else to do with the gears. It's just a super late game perk: at any point during the first year, in a multiplayer setting, its actually annoying that a WX hoards all the gears for himself, and they are much better used in making flingos, weather pains and different fridges. Early game WX's in public servers tend to be just annoying, unless they are responsible players and avoid the gears perk for a while. If they get frequently charged by a friendly Wickerbottom they are very powerful anyway, even without upgrades,

The lightning perk is situational, you either require a Wickerbottom, or if you are mostly alone like I was, you need to trap moslings during spring for an all spring and big chunk of summer boost, or boost yourself for less than a day by teleporting your pet with a telelocator. Sort of like getting mighty before a fight, like wolfgang does.

I just hope WX eventually gets more perks that aren't so situational or require from other players to use. And I hope they change his upgrade system to be less trolling friendly.

15 hours ago, Owlrus said:

I second this. Many neglect to mention his smaller (yet powerful) ability to eat foods at any stage of spoilage with no penalty associated with spoilage. For this reason, things like Bacon and Eggs (for its 20 day spoilage) and Butter Muffin (for its increased hunger bonus on WX-78) are amazing to eat and keep on him.

When a dish says you have 10 days before it spoils what it's really saying is you have 5 days before it goes stale and you lose some benefits. With WX-78 when a dish says you have 10 days, you have TEN DAYS. I do recommend using an Insulated Pack for maximum benefit if you wanted to go down that path of a nomad.

Yes if you dont have an insulated pack it's good just to keep your powerful crockpot dishes that are close to rotting right in the fridge and use at the base after battles and scraps . Once you take dishes in the yellow or red from the fridge they practically evaporate to rot before your eyes. Save fresh dishes for battles and adventures away from your base , at least enough to get back to your base and replenish stats on rotting items . Of course a lot of this strategy becomes semi moot once you get bundling wrap.

Archived