You guys really need to do something better about griefers on your public servers they come in 2s and 3s so votes to kick fail I just had 3 come in steal 12 gear 16 living logs eat all my food burn / hammer down the base and couldnt kick or rollback. Maybe you need to ban these ppl from the public servers permanently when they get reported?  After being on the server for 60 days .. and the only player through all of winter and half of spring

it's better to host your own world or join a trusted community if you dont want to deal with it. my personal favorite is making my own world then teleport griefer into a prison and then i burn them then and hit them with a hammer then they feel the pain they caused my base

8 hours ago, --- -.- said:

it's better to host your own world or join a trusted community if you dont want to deal with it. my personal favorite is making my own world then teleport griefer into a prison and then i burn them then and hit them with a hammer then they feel the pain they caused my base

wow

I get that but also too company hosted should be somewhat protected by the company who made the game. Not to mention Not everyone plays on a decent enough computer to host a server. Even on a Lan game its too choppy and laggy even though I can play just fine, but I do have friends I enjoy playing with. Its literally the Only reason I own this game. Or spend money on it what so ever. Yes your point has merit, its just not possible for me.

Anything that could be implemented could be circumvented or taken advantage of in some way or another.

Create a report system to ban people? Grab a couple friends and mass report whoever we want.

Make buildings impossible to directly burn? Place grass next to it and burn that.

Make buildings only destroyable by the creator? Grief by stealing resources and building 30 science machines.

Only thing that I could think of is to get people that can moderate the servers. That would be fairly time consuming finding reliable people to moderate servers.

19 hours ago, --- -.- said:

this sounds fun, i would make a pit of mosquitoes or something

Unfortunatelly you trust the public servers or join a community, Today a Willow in a public server burned a stack of living logs right in front of my eyes saying she didn't like 'em, and she couldn't be kicked cuz there was another guy with her. I can't host a good server  unless I play alone, so  I put my hopes on falling into a good server now and then.

right but as long as ppl are reporting toxic players there shouldnt be any reason Klei can't do a bit more it. World of warcraft when i played implemented 2 features 1 was a kick limit/timeout per a player the other was reconnection time out for kicked people for rejoining instanced content. It isn't beyone Klei which exactly why I put this In this Exact forum for suggestions and Feedback :D

1 hour ago, omarahtopaz said:

right but as long as ppl are reporting toxic players there shouldnt be any reason Klei can't do a bit more it. World of warcraft when i played implemented 2 features 1 was a kick limit/timeout per a player the other was reconnection time out for kicked people for rejoining instanced content. It isn't beyone Klei which exactly why I put this In this Exact forum for suggestions and Feedback :D

that is a steam issue more than a klei one, i think

On 8/24/2020 at 5:37 PM, ButterStuffed said:

Anything that could be implemented could be circumvented or taken advantage of in some way or another.

Create a report system to ban people? Grab a couple friends and mass report whoever we want.

Make buildings impossible to directly burn? Place grass next to it and burn that.

Make buildings only destroyable by the creator? Grief by stealing resources and building 30 science machines.

Only thing that I could think of is to get people that can moderate the servers. That would be fairly time consuming finding reliable people to moderate servers.

Sure this doesnt completely fix greifing but it does a VERY good job of preventing new greifiers from coming. Most greifers are new players who just happen to be holding a torch and burn the scinece machine, and they don't know what they are doing. This can make it so new players don't acidently greif and then become a full time greifer. Also this would slow greifers down aswell. 

Also dont add a reporting system because that's bad

And make it so you can still greif in PVP. Greifing in pvp is important because it can slow your enemy down.

2CDFFE5987ED8EBA797AA1727A8F6E5F35DCB36E

The screenshot above are the record of the activity of a troll that has been haunting Klei's servers in South America for the entire week.
He signs his destruction under the name "VIVI", but his nickname is changed every day.
We even managed to Kick him once but in a few minutes he returned and again burned everything.
I know we can create our own world but not everyone has an internet and hardware powerful enough for that.
In addition, we want to be able to play on a cooperative public server and meet new players who, like us, want to have fun TOGETHER.
It may be interesting to create separate servers for PvP games, so those who like to conflict with others can come in and be happy.
In addition, implement a stricter banning system (at least a longer timeout) to punish trolls who are killing Klei's cooperative servers.
It really needs to be solved if Klei doesn't want his server to be abandoned to the flies, because nobody will want to play on them like that.
Please Klei, do something about this, these griefers are killing your official dedicated cooperative servers.

On 9/3/2020 at 5:41 AM, --- -.- said:

their should be special clockworks on klei servers callled "clockwork peacekeeper" and anyone who griefs something they didnt make it will teleport to them and kill them.

clockwork peacemaker, or cause we have rooks bishops and knights, the Clockwork Pwnmaker

On 9/3/2020 at 12:41 AM, --- -.- said:

their should be special clockworks on klei servers callled "clockwork peacekeeper" and anyone who griefs something they didnt make it will teleport to them and kill them.

it should be very smart, the player could just drop an item to burn it and burn everything near

Archived