Useful & Obscure Tricks

I fought it would be fun to create a thread about nifty tricks or features that might not be very obvious and be really useful. I'll start with one.

-If you stun the Slobbering Aberration Shroog then kill her little Shrooglets, she won't get any Power.

(Also; Spearhead, death loot from Admiralty Patrol Leaders, is crazy good with Kidney Shot/Crushing Blow :-P)

20200731013407_1.jpg

Here is one that I find satisfying when it comes through:
With Boosted First Blood graft and Mirrored Discharge, you can apply a gazillion Bleed on the first attack if you have a full hand of 10 cards.

It should be 10 +1 (from Mirrored Discharge) attacks x 6 Bleed = 66 Bleed.

One that I ran into accidentally during a boss fight:

Kill a Bilebroker Chemist, get his death loot Vapor Vial (For the rest of your turn, all of your cards have random costs between 0 and 2. Destroy after 1 use.)

Play Vapor Vial with Echo Strike in your hand, if it gets reduced to 0, you can keep playing it infinitely since it keeps coming back to your hand every time you play it.

Targeting Core (death loot from autodogs) is really useful if you got allies. If an enemy has the targeted debuff, your allies will continue to attack them even after they surrended, meaning that they can kill the enemy after they have surrendered- this is useful if you are in a mission that requires that an enemy dies and you don't want to kill them yourself to avoid getting any social banes or cards inserted in your negotiation deck. It also means that you get to loot the shills of corpses guilt free.

51 minutes ago, PriscaMitica said:

this is useful if you are in a mission that requires that an enemy dies and you don't want to kill them yourself to avoid getting any social banes or cards inserted in your negotiation deck. It also means that you get to loot the shills of corpses guilt free.

Is that really how the system works? If an enemy is killed by an ally it doesn't count against me?

10 minutes ago, ZeppMan217 said:

Is that really how the system works? If an enemy is killed by an ally it doesn't count against me?

Yeah.

Which is why now I'm looking for every opportunity to "accidentally" make the enemy die so i can get their loot and some money.

You can easily do that by routing an enemy and wait for them to rally at low health, making their panic threshold really low.

On 8/4/2020 at 10:55 PM, Gr1m- said:

Here is one that I find satisfying when it comes through:
With Boosted First Blood graft and Mirrored Discharge, you can apply a gazillion Bleed on the first attack if you have a full hand of 10 cards.

It should be 10 +1 (from Mirrored Discharge) attacks x 6 Bleed = 66 Bleed.

Does this work? I thought First Blood and other grafts like that only applied to the first attack. Mirrored Discharge gets around that?

Item (green) cards can be trashed at any time outside of skirmishes when viewed in the deck screens. Now you can hesitate a bit less when deciding if you want to take something or not :ambivalence:

4 hours ago, sjp said:

Item (green) cards can be trashed at any time outside of skirmishes when viewed in the deck screens. Now you can hesitate a bit less when deciding if you want to take something or not :ambivalence:

...Unbelievable. I've been wasting card removal on items this whole time!

13 hours ago, sjp said:

I've played almost 500 hours and I did not know that. Thank you for sharing!

17 hours ago, RageLeague said:

Yeah.

Which is why now I'm looking for every opportunity to "accidentally" make the enemy die so i can get their loot and some money.

You can easily do that by routing an enemy and wait for them to rally at low health, making their panic threshold really low.

Do you know if status kills (burn/bleed) count against you?

22 hours ago, RageLeague said:

Yeah.

You can also use the targeting item on them, and your allies will attack until death.

On 8/6/2020 at 11:11 PM, pacovf said:

Does this work? I thought First Blood and other grafts like that only applied to the first attack. Mirrored Discharge gets around that?

It sure does/did atleast. This clipis from about 6 months ago so I'm not entirely sure if it still works 100% incase they changed something.
This is with unupgraded First Blood and some of the Bleed got blocked by the "Formation" buff I believe.

10 hours ago, SpicyNiceCream said:

That was changed a while ago, I forgot which build was it. Now the graft literally only applies on the first hit.

I guess the reason why I thought it still worked is because the same mechanism works for Flash Powder, you can apply it multiple times with Gunslinger

Archived