What is the difference between icebox and saltbox ?

Differences:

• Ice Box reduces spoilage by 50%, Salt Box reduces spoilage by 75% (i.e. 50% more than Ice Box)
  • Salt Box can only contain items which are not alive & can be cooked (e.g. Can't contain Ice and Thermal Stones can't be frozen there)
  • Salt Box requires 10x Salt Crystals + 1x Blue Gem, Ice Box requires 2x Gold Nugget + 1x Gears

Yes you can find Salt (only) out in the sea, but you need either to find a Brine Shoal or gather Sunken Chests to obtain Salt.

10 hours ago, Ryde said:

Jerky is dry meat and is preserved by rubbing salt on it. In Don't Starve - Ironically -  you can't place jerky in a salt box.

jerky with x4 lifetime would just be overpowered. Dont Starve is primarily still a videogame.

On 9/16/2020 at 8:04 AM, Well-met said:

jerky with x4 lifetime would just be overpowered. Dont Starve is primarily still a videogame.

If they really cared about what food preservation is or isn't overpowered they wouldn't have added Bundling Wrap.

5 minutes ago, Spookyyy said:

Then why u need saltbox if u have bundles? Lol i think is balanced the way ut is

Exactly, you don't need Salt Boxes because of Bundling Wrap. You don't really need Ice Boxes either. They're so overpowered they make basically everything irrelevant. You admit that they're so overpowered they make everything else irrelevant but then go on to say it's balanced the way it is?

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Exactly, you don't need Salt Boxes because of Bundling Wrap. You don't really need Ice Boxes either. They're so overpowered they make basically everything irrelevant. You admit that they're so overpowered they make everything else irrelevant but then go on to say it's balanced the way it is?

Yes, I think the game is balanced with a lot of stuff! Ice box are nice for honey seeds and ice. Salt boxes for meat, fruits and veggies! And the bundling aren't limited, i mean you can pretty much pur everything you want into those lol. Its balanced 

On 9/20/2020 at 8:04 PM, Well-met said:

and wax can be limited

this is true indeed, i got pretty unlucky with bees in my world even though i didnt change anything regarding bees in the world settings, so i only get wax paper from killing bee queen and klaus from time to time.

Archived