Fashion Goggles

The Fashion Goggles are a craft that exist souly to add an extra step to making desert goggles, and thats unfortunate. Sure they give some sanity, but i have never seen or heard of anyone walking around with them to regain sanity... 
i really want to have more reasons to make them, so i think it would be cool if you could wear them at the same time as some other head items, to give them a small sanity boost on top of whatever they already do. 

(P.S. I"m posting this on the suggestions and feedback page, but i"m keeping it here because i enjoy hearing peoples opinions on things. not many people respond to posts made in the Suggestions page)

I think their name says it all.. They meant to exist as a required item to build the desert goggles but other than that its just fashion/cosmetics. Same with Fashion Melon. Is it the best Summer item? No. Is it really fashionable? Apparently it is:

7eva2x5u7ody.thumb.jpg.7a79369e06a2f231620baebbe8b2aac0.jpg

yeah it's a little annoying that they don't have a REAL function. Items like the malbatross canvas thing that you need before you can make the actual sail and the fashion goggles make less sense outside of an extra step but its not too annoying that I feel any major chance would need to be made. I don't see klei changing something like the fasion goggles but maybe they'll give it some love in the next qol update that they've teased. 

i wish it worked at like 25% or something of desert goggle functionality so u could get by with fashion goggles while u fish for the blueprint. this would make moving in and out of the sandstorm a bit easier until u can get the real deal 

It is basically a top hat in terms of sanity, isn't it? I wear them all the time, I really like that steampunk vibe, and I have made them part of many of my outfits. 

It is my standard head item slot, I don't really use the Tam that much outside Winter tbh. I know I am probably the only one but oh well.

A friend of mine uses the cat cap for this exact same reason. 

In Hamlet there's an item called Royal Crown, which restores 4,44 sanity per minute and doesn't have a durability (could be worn forever). Perhaps fashion googles could behave the same way in DST? If you have them you won't have to worry about repairing (which is cheap anyway) but will have to spend 50% more time compared to tam-o-shanter to restore the same amount of sanity.

I was hoping fashion goggles could have skins in the future, so they can act as charactwr cosmetic. A bit of sanity plus a bunch of different looks purely for fun. Doesn't seem like it will happen though. 

Archived