gaymime

silly question about bees in caves

gaymime    2772

do they function like they do above ground and if they do not then how are they different? i have gotten conflicting answers from the wiki and all the non-wiki answers are super old and might not be correct anymore but i do still want to make a (small) bee garden at my main base

• Like 1

gaymime    2772
10 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

snip

beauty! there is a grassy patch near one of my cave entrances, it isn't my main base but it will still do

please remind me, if earthquakes are turned off then no new light patches will occur, correct?

Nogard78    46
5 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

They need natural shaft light or (a quite costly alternative) Star Light.

Thus Sunken Forest patches, areas like an ex-Bunnyman Village, Grassland patches in caves are a go-to.

Fireflies in complete darkness don't work.

Also Flowers function only in above-mentioned valid-Bees-activity cases. Else they wither.

But what about light from mushlights or glowcaps? Do they count?

• Like 1

gaymime    2772
11 hours ago, BeeClops said:

snip

oh!! that hasn't been the case for me. i can(outside of winter) grow crops just fine as long as i have a strong light source(granted i use the lamp mod for that so it is a bit of a cheat but still). i didn't even know people thought crops needed natural light to grow, they don't they just need a LOT of light all of the time or they wither. i am only on year three and i've lost about 5 plots in total with three of them being because i didn't have enough light in the first season i was growing them(in all cases i was away from base for a long time), of course that being said i have had no troubles with garden plots in areas that have natural light

4 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

snip

oh thankyou for that<3 i was building a small bee garden(mostly done just need a few more turfs and another wall built) in a natural light area but knowing that i can just flood my main base with light and still have them do their thing is just peachy by me<3

• Like 1

Lammarr    1991
10 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

But how do you plant evil flowers in caves ?

1-Plant normal flowers.

2- Die.

3- Haunt flowers until they all transform into evil flowers

4- Revive before the World resets.(No need to worry about this step if you are playing with someone however.)

Edited by Lammarr
  • Thanks 3

Nogard78    46

If someone really needs some natural light, that is somewhere near the ruins, you could look for this setpiece with a bunnymen.

Since its always in the orange(mud?) biome, you shoudn't have any problem finding it, though it might not be guaranteed.

20200728200832_1.thumb.jpg.2743ebc93e52baceb80c9f951a412f39.jpg20200728200836_1.thumb.jpg.ff5cd01683e844dbbf0c63fc6c513674.jpg

• Like 2