QOL Request - Infinite Glowcaps

8 minutes ago, gghhrr said:

I wonder if we can get electric supply from lightning rod to supply energy for light sources

and set up wire connection so as long as u can support the electric power, u get infinite light

End is nigh becomes meta. Wx becomes Thor and teams up with Wigfrid to create Cyber-Valhalla

Oh I think a source of infinite light, or a workaround like festive lights, would be delightful. Yes, darkness is still a threat, but after killing toadstool (maybe more than once) light management gets in a way a little. 

As an additional suggestion maybe enabling fireflies into glowcaps. Hardly renewable.  Just spitballing

Agree with OP

This'd definitely be a great addition for late game bases, pretty much everything that could be said has been said though so I'll just say that I support this fully lol. Considering you gotta defeat Toadstool for it who's a massive health sponge who needs a fair bit of resources to conquer, it'd definitely be more worthwhile for his drops to act as an infinite light source (at least the glowcap).

On 7/18/2020 at 2:24 AM, Shosuko said:

Maybe if we got an angler fish boss on the ocean that dropped a lightlure as loot.  The lightlure would be a non-spoiling item which can be used to 100% fuel any light source (lanterns, miner hats, moggles, boat lantern) but could also be put in a glow cap or mushlight as a light source.  Since it does not spoil, BAM infinite light.  Just farm the new boss.

I like that idea! Hopefully it's not as much of a pain to fight as Malbatrosss... So hard too spawn!

3 hours ago, Flooremoji said:

Maybe if we got an angler fish boss on the ocean that dropped a lightlure as loot.  The lightlure would be a non-spoiling item which can be used to 100% fuel any light source (lanterns, miner hats, moggles, boat lantern) but could also be put in a glow cap or mushlight as a light source.  Since it does not spoil, BAM infinite light.  Just farm the new boss.

Another Idea would be a caves bossfight: somthing to do with glow hutch and caveponds?

On 7/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, HeatAndRun said:

You guys know winter's feast festive lights inside glowcaps makes them glow indefinitely. My idea is adding items-working similar like festive lights- but as boss loot or something, not seasonal event item.

image.png.d6225b9689c655441ed3a8c60d244608.png

I think that can be a good loot inside of this:

Sunken_Chest.png.c569aa2c6b632868603c30c8e420b8d0.png

Making sailing and find Pearl's maps more usefull, because Sunken Chests don't have anything unique, I mean they can give you trash or good loot (Ruins loot) but nothing that only we can obtain opening this chests.

Short term servers wouldn't need to go out of their way to fight an endurance boss. Long term servers already survived everything the game has thrown against them. Seems like a decent addition to me.

You have my vote.

Archived