A new Wormwood skin from his old concept art

Personally I don't play wormwood in DST, but I do like his old design and I hate seeing interesting content go to waste, so that's why I ask for his old development art to become a skin in DST, it would both be an interesting skin and save time because most of it is already finished.

Klei had most likely even planned for this version of Wormwood to enter DST because this sprite sheet has the sprite for the bonesaw emote from said game. To be frank though they had scrapped this version of Wormwood because they didn't like it so the chances of my suggesWormwood_idletion coming to fruition are low, which is fair.

Spoiler

1597592932_Wormwood_Model_Sheet(1).png.05087c4b2f34bdfb3d5ad30993bc6170.png

I like the wormwood we got i think hes very cute but id have to admit i like the original sprite better. Im very curious what made them change their minds cuz the old sprite and the one we got are worlds apart. i feel like the wormwood personality and gameplay etc we got wouldnt fit the old sprite at all, a real departure. the old sprite is much more mysterious and magical whereas the new one is more cutesy and goofy 

a skin version of the old sprite would be nice though i doubt it will happen

2 minutes ago, Ohan said:

I like the wormwood we got i think hes very cute but id have to admit i like the original sprite better. Im very curious what made them change their minds cuz the old sprite and the one we got are worlds apart. i feel like the wormwood personality etc we got wouldnt fit the old sprite at all, a real departure. the old sprite is much more mysterious and magical whereas the new one is more cutesy and goofy 

a skin version of the old sprite would be nice though i doubt it will happen and i dont think it would suit the version of wormwood we got 

As much as I understand that you're saying old and current Wormwood are thematically separate, I still think it would make for a good skin, it doesn't necessarily have to reuse the same sprite they could redraw this to make it look more akin to Wormwood. I just think skins should be skins, They don't have to fit the same thematically. My suggestion is more of a throwback to an older version of the same character as well so it's not a complete change of style.

19 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Older wormwood resembles a ninja, to be honest.

I always thought of this Wormwood as a shady tree man, but because his head resembles I hood I can see the ninja resemblance.

2 minutes ago, WhackE said:

I just think skins should be skins, They don't have to fit the same thematically.

yeah i agree with this i edited my comment right after posting it haha! i think a skin for the new wormwood that is inspired by the old model could be very nice! 

Archived